close ad [x]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Board Quiver vs. Wetsuit Quiver

Just curious, do you guys own more boards or wetsuits?

I am currently tied at 5 boards (not counting beater), 5 wetsuits.

One of my suits is an old busted leaky 3/2 that I had to replace but still keep around for warmer days when I don't mind the leaks, another is a shortie that I've had since I was 16 (now 29). Others are usual suspects. I just bought the 5th board recently so until then my wetsuit quiver was bigger.

3 suits, 8 boards

I have 4 boards I currently ride, I have a Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 3/2 full suit, 2:1 O'Neill Hammer Spring suit, long sleeve Hyperflex neoprene surf shirt, O'Neil Hammer wetsuit shorts (like half a spring suit), one pair of Xcel gloves, and one Xcel hood w/brim to throw on w/the 3:2 when necessary. I also have a pair of Quicksilver compression shorts that I wear under my shorts. That about covers it. Technically more boards that actual suits.

7 or 8 boards, 3 suits. Ready to retire one of the suits, actually, and have this nervous twitch about actually pulling the trigger on a hooded R3 this year...

Images
    3 suits, 10 boards.

But my wetsuit collection will continue to stay at 1 once I blow through my current suits. I plan to keep 1 4 mil for the winter down here and by May I am out of Rubber completely until about november. I could get by with a nice 3 mil, but I prefer warmth even though the water temps were only on the low 50s at its lowest point.

In CA i wore a wetsuit basically year round unless there was hot weather in August. But a 3 and a 4 mil will get you through a whole year. Anything more than that is just luxury i suppose.

Images
    4 suits 4 boards

4 suits, a vest and 9 boards... only 6 ride-able, 2 wall hangers, 1 major rebuild project.

Images
    2 suits, 4 boards. One suitis just an extra I grew out of. I keep it for friends to borrow and because I keep hoping ill shed the pounds and get back into it.

Hmmm I think I need to go out and buy some new boards boards to adjust my board:wetsuit ratio. Clearly it is out of wack.

Having more boards is necessary. There are lots of different types of waves which may require a different weapon. But when battling temperature, there are about 3 stages of cold battling suits you need to own... Depending on your geographical location.(but you guys already know that) Here is New Hammy/Mass I have 3 suits and 7 boards. But I'm always willing to add another board. The wetsuit always seems to be an afterthought for me, until I got rashes all over my neck and knees. Hate my winter suit, but love winter surfing. Its time for an upgrade, thanks for the reminder

Place this code at the end of your tag: