LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wetsuit for SUP

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    A bright orange one with a white helmet.
    Nice. Roy had great style lets leave that legend out of this.

If you want to sup all winter get a hooded 5.4 rip curl flash bomb or a Patagonia r4. You will be warm and happy trust me. Boots and gloves are a must.

Images
    this is very popular with the cool kids:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Nice. Roy had great style lets leave that legend out of this.

If you want to sup all winter get a hooded 5.4 rip curl flash bomb or a Patagonia r4. You will be warm and happy trust me. Boots and gloves are a must.
    Roy "had" great style? Are we speaking of him post-mortem now?

Yes, the OP should get a Patagonia and see if Sperry makes booties. They can get them in pastel colors too and go with the corporate comb-over on the days it's nice enough to go hoodless. Just like the ole prep days!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Roy "had" great style? Are we speaking of him post-mortem now?

Yes, the OP should get a Patagonia and see if Sperry makes booties. They can get them in pastel colors too and go with the corporate comb-over on the days it's nice enough to go hoodless. Just like the ole prep days!
    *has great style *. Roy is the man. You Guys need to give him a chance. He can yeah you allot about building boards.

If someone wants to surf all winter which they should you need a 5.4 millimeter suit atleast. Stand up paddle does not exempt one from the requirements for winter surfing. If you love you girlfriend which I'm assuming you do because u got her a sup then get her a Patagonia r4 and the most expensive booties and gloves u can buy. She will never complain and will never get cold. Surfing in the winter will be great for u two

if it's nice out you can get away with a 4/3 and boots here in water to mid 40s. Get a decent suit with sealed seams. Make sure it fits nice. You are out of the water on a SUP enough to not need a super thick suit. Have fun and don't sweat the gear too much.

Images
    On a serious note- go with the same suit as surfing and ppl actually do wear jackets if its cold and the wind is howling ... Just don't fall...

[QUOTE=Charles Taylor;187075]*has great style *. Roy is the man. You Guys need to give him a chance. He can yeah you allot about building boards.

No he doesn't. No he's not. No we don't. No he can't

I wear the same 3:2 that I wear when I surf, I have a hood and gloves to add on and If it gets really cold I throw on long sleeve underneath too. This is FL we're talking about though, so anywhere North of here i'd go with a 4:3 or better. I surf mine though, so not sure if you are planning on doing that or just going flat water paddling. I never fall on flat water so could get away with less for sure.

Images
    [QUOTE=nynj;187398]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    *has great style *. Roy is the man. You Guys need to give him a chance. He can yeah you allot about building boards.

No he doesn't. No he's not. No we don't. No he can't
    I'm sorry ny nj and I suppose your going to try and tell me that your boy jimmy Vegas has better style. Pull your head in man and get real.

As far as surfing, I'm sure Jimmy Vegas has way better style.

[QUOTE=Charles Taylor;187411]
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post

I'm sorry ny nj and I suppose your going to try and tell me that your boy jimmy Vegas has better style. Pull your head in man and get real.