LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat again

Images
    Brah paddington bear- where have you been??? you know I will be out there on my longboard! Soon I will venture down to the south hood once all the summer pros are out.. Then it's time to surf! Fall! Winter bomb sessions! Thick rubber and 30 degrees! No one out!!! I can wait!
    Man it would have been nice to get out there today in the small peaky surf... Been worn out from the 23fters up in the north jersey - they got this place up here inthenorth - they call it DJ's - it's a pretty radical place- you can got there and bench press a few before you paddle out inthe 23fters off belmar- 18th ave inthe place to surf!!!

Had three fun days of surfing. Nothing Epic. But some pretty nice sets and not crowded for Labor Day weekend. A good mix of surfing levels kept it interesting from shore too. Saw a husband and wife team in matching rashies get clobbered but they kept going back for more. It was cool... Surfers ripping on short boards next to foam logs, next to spongers all surfing peaceably. Oh, and there were Babes an' Waves...

Another good tradition is to get high and walk on a boardwalk the Tuesday night after Labor Day. Do it at dusk. That's a great tradition. Eat some pizza, too.[/QUOTE]

+1 Best Line in this thread so far. Weed and pizza are like lamb and tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Saw a husband and wife team in matching rashies get clobbered but they kept going back for more. It was cool...
    This is awesome. I'm picturing the matching rash guards with a picture of their pet shih-tzu on the front and the guy wearing Teva's with tube socks.

My board is depressed, she doesn't deserve this..

Surfed the last 3 days down here dude, I don't know why you continue to complain on here though, it's like every week you do this. Just wait for the ocean to do her thing in your backyard, or get your ass in a car / truck and go somewhere it's working. This has been one of the most consistent summers in recent memory, hasn't been big, but it's been rideable and fun. This isn't just FL either, I know it's been fun in other places not too far from you too.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Surfed the last 3 days down here dude, I don't know why you continue to complain on here though, it's like every week you do this. Just wait for the ocean to do her thing in your backyard, or get your ass in a car / truck and go somewhere it's working. This has been one of the most consistent summers in recent memory, hasn't been big, but it's been rideable and fun. This isn't just FL either, I know it's been fun in other places not too far from you too.

Even my fat *** has managed to catch waves from last week. Waves are really punchy for the summer.

Friday evening was rather nice. I was able to get out for a couple of hours and enjoy waist to chest sets. It wasn't that crowded either. Great way to start the weekend.