LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ha. Paddington - If civil war were to break out, I'd pick up a gun....I'd go dooms day preppers on this shiot and book for the hills. Im a lover. Not a fighter.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Actually, I know it's ironic, but a surf predicting website forum is the last place you want to look for information pertaining to substantive matters.

And this place has an east coast bias. We only care if Shark Hunter is ever going to find a rideable wave in Rhode Island again.

Oh, this is your go to spot to rekindle any supressed feelings concerning America's Civil War and the whole North vs South rivalry in general. Hey, how you feel aboot guns?

This is also the east's premiere location for "Double Overhead" surf talk.

What's your opinion on chemtrails?

That being said, SWELLINFO.COM is your source for all of your wetsuit questions. We know our stuff aboot westuits.

Hey, was the surf this summer crappy or good? See, people on here can't even seem to figure that one out, much less knowing aboot nuclear or nu-cu lar waste.

Hey, you sure you want to get married?

Anyways, Gidget, run..........run far away from this place if you have serious questions..........run..........

i have to say that was pretty classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    There seems to be a lot of unsubstantiated rumors flying around on the internet regarding the toxic radiation being spilled into the Japan Waters. Spilling large quantities of radiation into the ocean is definitely not good and a topic we should all be looking into thoughtfully, but from what I have seen, there is nothing of striking evidence that we need to be worried about going into the Pacific waters in the US or Hawaii or eating local fish.

One pretty image was getting passed around all over the internet with a NOAA logo on it with a description of radiation spread across the Pacific. It turns out this image was actually showing a wave height forecast from the Tsunami for the hours after the Tsunami hit. This just goes to show how easy it is to spread rumors and false information over the internet, and we need think carefully about everything that the social or "real" media is passing to us. Its definitely easy to get freaked out about something like this.

The one news, that is substantiated, is the Blue Fin Tuna caught off of California that migrated from Japan showed marked levels of radioactive isotopes - caesium-137 and caesium-134. However, even with the increase, the quantity of radiation doesn't seem to be a great health risk.

I wouldnt worry about going in the ocean in Hawaii, but I think I would pass on any fish that I knew was caught off Japan...
    My thoughts exactly.

If TEPCO is admitting to that then it's way worse.
    Watch this. I've posted it before and will again when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    If TEPCO is admitting to that then it's way worse.
    Watch this. I've posted it before and will again when necessary.

Orly?

Like I said, everything/everyone is out to get you.

No one on here is sane. Especially PBJ. That cat is living in a dungeon of his own mind/making.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    No one on here is sane. Especially PBJ. That cat is living in a dungeon of his own mind/making.
    HEY !! I'm not a cat, I'm a dog. Get it straight, confused Delmarva yankee. And I'm in a self-inflicted jail, not a dungeon. Dungeon's are European and of prior centuries.

And there was absolutley nothing insane aboot my postings on this thread. Actually, they were kind of cute. Yo, have you ever seen Bon Jovi's daughter? Not bad with the 'gina. Not bad.

After a good dose of radiation, just put some Tussin on it, 60% of the time, it works ever time

ANd if you run out of Tussin just pour some water in the bottle and shake it up... Mo Tussin!

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    After a good dose of radiation, just put some Tussin on it, 60% of the time, it works ever time

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    ANd if you run out of Tussin just pour some water in the bottle and shake it up... Mo Tussin!
    And just to be sure, spray yourself down with some Windex too