LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wetsuit for SUP

Wetsuit for SUP

My girlfriend and I just bought ourselves paddle boards. Her bday is coming up and I figured a wetsuit would be a good gift since the weather will be getting colder. I have never SUP'd in the fall, winter, or spring, only surf, so I have no idea how thick the wetsuit should be since one is primarily out of the water when SUPing.

I was thinking a 3/2 would be best, and when it gets to be winter time, maybe she could get away with wearing underarmour winter gear underneath the suit since she'd be out of the water for the most part (excluding the occasional fall).

Any insight would be awesome.

Get matching pink wetsuits. That would be cute.

If you're good at SUPing, a parka will do

Well if you are suping in the winter I would suggest a hooded 4/3 with boots and gloves and if the winds are up, wear a wind breaker, that's if you are in jersey, ma, or nh area

The appropriate SUP attire is the following:
    * Navy work shirt with name tag "Lou"
    Navy dockers pants
    Belt
    Work boots
    Excessive amount of keys on belt loop

* = sleeves rolled up to display old tats

Do they make wetsuits with built-in trucker hats?

Recommend a 3/2 farmer john and longsleeve 2/1 for the most flexibility. Promotion has good gear and discounts on occasion. Their 4/3 windsurf suit is also a good choice for colder weather.

Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    Do they make wetsuits with built-in trucker hats?
    My Oneil had a bill on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    Well if you are suping in the winter I would suggest a hooded 4/3 with boots and gloves and if the winds are up, wear a wind breaker, that's if you are in jersey, ma, or nh area
    Dog Funk has a Billabong women's suit 4/3 on sale for $110 down from $159.00 right now - just bought some neoprene gloves for $20 on Amazon...

Images
    A bright orange one with a white helmet.