LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    can you say boca raton? Maybe more longisland than jerzy. It's like the sixth borough for crying out loud. Nyc with friggen palm trees. My cousin vinny meets jerzy shore meets baywatch. Benchoffs before paddling out in 2 foot mush, then hitting the disco to ply the ladies with date rape drugs.
    ^^^ this hahaha

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I'd call duck NC The Hamptons, South. $5000/wk beach house rentals as far as the eye can see. No public parking anywhere. Law enforcement out the wazoo, but not to mess with the richies, no, to keep the passers by from stopping. They are targets of all of the "caribbean theme" crap down in the OBX, because, you know, North carolina doesn't have any culture of it's own. Take your bible and enjoy your f**king barbeque.

    Did you know that before back bay was a wildlife refuge (1950's?) that entire stretch around the state line was a make shift casino, bar, and hooker town fueled by the wealthiest members of hampton road's high society? Heard that sh*t first hand from an old rich guy the other day. Sound so rad. See what happens when you open sh*t up to tourists and / or let the government claim it? The fun ends. oh well, at least there will be some wildlife left for our kids, rather than a bunch of overpriced beach houses.
    Brah, contrary to popular belief, Corolla, and I reckon Duck too, isn't really a vacation spot to the wealthy. Most of these homes are rented by multiple families at once. You know, three different families go in on a week's rental. I know that's fact in Corolla because I watched them every weekend. I watched them good.

    And most of the homes owners ain't that wealthy if they are renting their homes out during the summer. Who would want a bunch of slobs living in your home if you didn't need the funds? There's a lot of teen-aged masturbating going on in those homes......alot of teen-aged masturbating going on. I know that's a fact because I watched them. I watched them good. Ok, that was a joke so you uptight people don't get offended.

    Corolla is vacation home to the solid middle class.

    And brahs, commenting on the Jersey plates in Corolla and Duck is kind of strange coming from a Virginian. This thread's OP is from Virginia, right. I forget........

    There's just as many Virginia plates driving around there as Jersey. And 80.76% of the Outer Banks' "locals" are from Virginia. Oh hold on, a few more Virginians have just moved there since I started typing......so........make that 80.93%

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Did you know that before back bay was a wildlife refuge (1950's?) that entire stretch around the state line was a make shift casino, bar, and hooker town fueled by the wealthiest members of hampton road's high society? Heard that sh*t first hand from an old rich guy the other day. Sound so rad. See what happens when you open sh*t up to tourists and / or let the government claim it? The fun ends. oh well, at least there will be some wildlife left for our kids, rather than a bunch of overpriced beach houses.
    Yeah, the fun does end. Virginia has 112 miles of Atlantic coastline with only a tenth of it accessible by car or open to the general public. The rest is taken up by the military, NASA, Commonwealth of Virginia, and inaccessible barrier islands.

  4. #24
    True, it's solid middle class that goes in on that 5k house leethestud. Not a rich guy and his hot girlfriend. More like 15 people and by the way brah, most of those houses are owned by people out of state.
    I know few people that own a rental property in OBX. None live in NC, they are up north making money- just like it down there because it are slow. That's what they say.
    You can't blame those wanting to get out of f---ing Jersey in the summer, even if it had to be northern spots, still better than anything up there. Much better vibe, too, and less money ultimately.

    Here is the fun theory- people from VA are all over OBX because there is more money there than in NC, in average, but better watch out because there is even more money in MD (so there can be more plates) and just as much dough (if not more) in dirty jersey. NC locals should go down and occupy SC, and so on and so forth all the way to southern FL: because soFL is north and noFL last point south.

  5. #25
    eh, I'm more thinking of 4 seasons and the like. You know, the type of rental that includes a chef. The middle class folks get a cheaper place in southern shores or KDH and their teenage kids get drunk and destroy something. With any luck dad can pick up a DUI on his way back from awful arthurs.

    As far as people from VA moving down there, I hope they brought their own women and jobs... I know the two are pretty scarce, especially come winter.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    eh, I'm more thinking of 4 seasons and the like. You know, the type of rental that includes a chef. The middle class folks get a cheaper place in southern shores or KDH and their teenage kids get drunk and destroy something. With any luck dad can pick up a DUI on his way back from awful arthurs.

    As far as people from VA moving down there, I hope they brought their own women and jobs... I know the two are pretty scarce, especially come winter.
    Lee, how are you doing today? Good...good. Hope you are having a good first day of the unofficial fall.

    Dogs, there's like fifty people on the Outer Banks who were born and bred. Ok,ok I exaggerate, but man, most of the locals are from Virginia, Pittsburgh, New Jersey and New York. Many are descendants of those family vacationers. The younger folk decide to move down after school. Which includes many women.....

    Yes, you have to be quick because these post-graduation women head on down, start waiting tables, notice the amount of trailer parks, and then become disillusioned with the area because they can't use their Marketing Degree. "I didn't go to school for four years to waitress at Mako Mike's, and to live next to a trailer park." That's an actual quote.

    On the upside many of these women think they are free spirits and act accordingly. Then they realize that they really aren't that free-spirited as they thought.

    Then fancy New York City, with all it's opportunity and promise, becomes all the rage. They can use that degree of theirs in NYC. And OMG, the shopping in Manhattan is fantastic. So the woman, JOE LOCAL, comes and leaves quickly. But they are on a continuous loop. Another batch will come.

    And winter is Unemployment Time !! Time to do nothing and drink even more than before. Some chicks will do bad things for extra money. It's a wonderful time on the Outer Banks.........well at least the day the unemployment check comes in.....

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    On the upside many of these women think they are free spirits and act accordingly. Then they realize that they really aren't that free-spirited as they thought.

    Then fancy New York City, with all it's opportunity and promise, becomes all the rage. They can use that degree of theirs in NYC. And OMG, the shopping in Manhattan is fantastic. So the woman, JOE LOCAL, comes and leaves quickly. But they are on a continuous loop. Another batch will come.

    And winter is Unemployment Time !! Time to do nothing and drink even more than before. Some chicks will do bad things for extra money. It's a wonderful time on the Outer Banks.........well at least the day the unemployment check comes in.....
    Crackin me up dude, that's hilarious, and i'm sure 100% accurate

  8. #28
    I kinda wanna move to the OBX now

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,290
    Yeah we rented a house with my in laws a few years ago in Corolla. Had 18 people (my wife is 1 of 4 girls and we all have kids) so we had a 7 bedroom 5 1/2 bath house with a pool and hot tub one block form the sand and it was only $6500 for the week. Conversely when we went to Emerald Isle this year and got a 4 bedroom 2 bath house and crammed 13 in it (5 could not make it this trip) and it was $4000 with no pool or hot tub and was 4 rows back so actually Corolla is not to bad when you break it down.

  10. #30
    Some of those rentals are vacated by the owners for the summer months so they can reap enough rental income to pay all or most of the mortgage for the rest of the year. Not a bad gig if you've got the $$$ and flexibility.