LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I survived my first time at 1st St.

So other than the 100 surfboards, swimmers playing in the break, and 80% of the waves having party written all over them I didn't see what all the fuss was about. The vibe seemed friendly to me. Everyone paddling for the same wave almost seemed like an unspoken game that all were enjoying.

Images
    Sounds like Jersey!!!

ocnj?? sounds like 1st there.

Quote Originally Posted by maddoggin View Post
    ocnj??
    Virginia Beach.

5. I survived my first encounter with a good sized shark the other day

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clintopher View Post
    Virginia Beach.
    That's still considered south jersey- ain't it?

first street is where I go at 6am in February so that there is someone to see me drown and tell my tale. Holiday weekend, I bet it was a total sh*t show! Not that where I went was any better. fun little bump friday-sunday. I did time the parking right and got the croatan side of the jetty all to myself for a good 30 - 40 minutes the other morning. Rare occasion.

Like a lot of locals, I tend to stay away from the whole VB Oceanfront scene during the summer to avoid the crowds, parking issues, congestion, and other nonsense. IMO, fall and winter are better times. I like going out off 1st St. in the evenings after work around the Holidays with the Boardwalk lights and a few other people in the water besides myself.

What happened with the shark?

Well today is the official first day of the beaches being cleared of tourists and kids and the eventual migration back to 1st street for alot of us. I normally don't hit the jetty till October when the suits start coming on; but we really don't have a huge "local"/"agro" vibe; but damn it can get congested out there like the bridge tunnel.

But you braved it on the Holiday with the music festival... you crazy man... you just crazy. Or as the kids call it... you cray cray!

Next good thing to happen on the oceanfront? Virginia Beach Craft Brew Fest Oct 19-20th. Normally $10-$20 for all you can drink..err sample.. of craft brews. Good post session re-hydration event