LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Angry long island of closeouts!?!?

hey ive been surfing robert moses almost 8 years. seems like this year i cant find a decent spot that actually offers a ride more than 5-6 seconds long. i usually frequent field 2 and lately its been just closing out or turning in mini chopes with ridiculous rips and currents. democrat pt hasnt been working either ever since they started dredging around it. im just looking for a solid spot. tired of broken boards and dislocated shoulders

Images
    welcome to my world: closeout land. On the positive side, it's sharpening your wave catching reflexes for when you do decide to find somewhere decent. As the saying goes, "If you can surf there (a crappy spot), you can surf anywhere".

pitstops of course

I 100% agree with you. The majority of Long Island either doesn't break until right at shore or closes out. Rockaway used to have a couple really nice waves but since this summer they haven't been working at all. Fire Island just refuses to break until the wave is in dry sand. I feel your pain. Maybe something will open up after a few good storms roll through.

try and just bodysurf, I know its not the same, but closeout tubes can be fun, you need to adjust your expectations, expectations bring desire and desire brings suffering......juss sayin

& what was your personal best height? I pole vaulted in high school, not very good, but not many kids did it so I scored points for the team often. ahh the 90's
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Oct 4, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

It breaks man..... maybe you are not going out during the best times/tides.. easy on that spot drop too..it gets crowded enough there..

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultersurfer View Post
    hey ive been surfing robert moses almost 8 years. seems like this year i cant find a decent spot that actually offers a ride more than 5-6 seconds long. i usually frequent field 2 and lately its been just closing out or turning in mini chopes with ridiculous rips and currents. democrat pt hasnt been working either ever since they started dredging around it. im just looking for a solid spot. tired of broken boards and dislocated shoulders
    maybe your not doing it right

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    try and just bodysurf, I know its not the same, but closeout tubes can be fun, you need to adjust your expectations, expectations bring desire and desire brings suffering......juss sayin

& what was your personal best height? I pole vaulted in high school, not very good, but not many kids did it so I scored points for the team often. ahh the 90's
    ha my best is 14-6 and a freshman in college

I surf a beach just west of RM. Dosn't always close out. Sure there are days when it does but the majority of my days out its not close outs. I feel the breaks in that area have actually gotten better since Sandy. Conditions is everything though. I haven't been to long beach since Sandy but I usually get some pretty good days out there as well

PineCones breaks better than ever.