LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: big waves?

SpongeBobs Big Balls Rules!!!! Way to go KokiB. I will say, that I was told along time ago, that if it is big ( lets say well overhead), to look at it for one minute for every foot in face size before you paddle out. Have an exit strategy! Time the lulls. Look at how it ends up on the inside. Which wave in the set is the best, and where to sit. Just sayin'. Or you can just go paddle out blindly and teach mother nature a lesson! If you are young ( 25 years old tops), it doesn't matter, it's almost enjoyable getting thrashed within an inch of your life. After that it pays to be aware.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    SpongeBobs Big Balls Rules!!!! Way to go KokiB. I will say, that I was told along time ago, that if it is big ( lets say well overhead), to look at it for one minute for every foot in face size before you paddle out. Have an exit strategy! Time the lulls. Look at how it ends up on the inside. Which wave in the set is the best, and where to sit. Just sayin'. Or you can just go paddle out blindly and teach mother nature a lesson! If you are young ( 25 years old tops), it doesn't matter, it's almost enjoyable getting thrashed within an inch of your life. After that it pays to be aware.
    Jump the shark. The forum on this site that is. Does anyone know how to delete an account. Seriously I tried and I can't figure it out. Please help.

first off 10ft waves are not bigwaves.second,it has nothing to do with training.its all about can you handle it in your mind.holding your breath for 5 minutes doesn't help when you get hit with a legit 20footer that rips your mouth open,throws you in a million directions.

top shape also has nothing to do with it.daryl flea virostko who is one of the greatest bigwave legends alive today would paddle out at mavs after being up for a week smoking meth and drinking vodka.for 1 of the mav contests,jeff clark told the contestants to say something about themselves.flea replied im flea and im an alcoholic.same goes for pete mel,barney,skindog,vince,etc but they eventually cleaned up.smoking cigs really doesn't have any effect.look at Nathan fletcher smokng a joint between sessions at 20ft cloudbreak.if you think your smoking will affect u,it will.when you think bad and panic,all your nightmares come true.start small and work your way up.paddle into the biggest closeouts u can.jump infront of whitewater.if you really want it,and you can handle it mentally then u will be ok.if u surfed a shytload of 4footers and expect a balloon vest will save you,u will probly die

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    first off 10ft waves are not bigwaves.second,it has nothing to do with training.its all about can you handle it in your mind.holding your breath for 5 minutes doesn't help when you get hit with a legit 20footer that rips your mouth open,throws you in a million directions.

top shape also has nothing to do with it.daryl flea virostko who is one of the greatest bigwave legends alive today would paddle out at mavs after being up for a week smoking meth and drinking vodka.for 1 of the mav contests,jeff clark told the contestants to say something about themselves.flea replied im flea and im an alcoholic.same goes for pete mel,barney,skindog,vince,etc but they eventually cleaned up.smoking cigs really doesn't have any effect.look at Nathan fletcher smokng a joint between sessions at 20ft cloudbreak.if you think your smoking will affect u,it will.when you think bad and panic,all your nightmares come true.start small and work your way up.paddle into the biggest closeouts u can.jump infront of whitewater.if you really want it,and you can handle it mentally then u will be ok.if u surfed a shytload of 4footers and expect a balloon vest will save you,u will probly die
    Did you toke up on your paddle out to Jaws, Mavs, Chopes or Shipstern? I bet Larid Hamilton, Dave Kalama and the Maui crew that helped found super big wave surfing would disagree with you. As would Eddie and most of the north shore watermen who train or trained in Eddies case constantly for big surf.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    SWELLINFO.COM.........the premier surf predicting website.".
    Haha classic! Thanks bro needed a laugh!!!

You guys have alot of great ideas on here... But it really comes down to your head...
    If there is anything physical that could help - it would have to be paddling distance to build strength and confidence- it's when you got caught inside on those heavy days in the winter....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post

yeahhh brahh 10 is a nice height, pretty big on dis coast brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhh, i will titty **** a 20 foot wave stay off my beach. locals only on my 29ft southern swells, oh thats 29 foot... Hawaiian sorry forgot to mention.

When are we expecting 10 footers? And I'd say if you haven't surfed 7-8 footers you shouldn't surf 10. And if you've surfed 7-8 footers you wouldn't be asking. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    we all know the answer to that one. LBCrew always there with solid advice, never to talk trash or waste anyone's time. We should all take a page from his book. A gentleman and a scholar...
    Agreed and I think you understood my first line saying my post count is Wilt Chamberlain tally and LBcrew speaks as often yet profound as the Dalai Lama, so 1/3 of my post is just under 3 a day. Imagine at many gems for one of the few greatest posters here. You're right, he's ALWAYS on point.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by instantkarma View Post
    Jump the shark. The forum on this site that is. Does anyone know how to delete an account. Seriously I tried and I can't figure it out. Please help.
    HA HA YOU'RE TRAPPED, CRACKER. Blood in....blood out. You ain't going nowhere. Once you sign up, you're in for life. Never side against the family....ever.

Dude, you don't have to delete your account. Just don't type SWELLINFO on your search engine. Ha, but you can't stop. You can't quit on your own. You'll always be wondering what these dudes are saying. Always wondering what's going on. Plus, you'll have no idea when that next macker swell is coming.

Oh and that term, "Jump the shark," has jumped the shark, like five years ago. And The Fonz didn't jump no shark on here. HEYYYYYYYYY(Thumbs up)

And aboot waves, Mitchel says it good. Looking at it too long make scared and psyches y'all out. And timing sets is worthless here. The east coast does not adhere to time. It does what it wants when it wants. It does what it wants....It does what it wants. You don't know him, he do what he wants.......

And don't spend 30 minutes doing exersises on the beach when it's three foot out there. Just don't do that. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    And don't spend 30 minutes doing exersises on the beach when it's three foot out there. Just don't do that. Please.
    Unless it's a chick in a bikini, then do all the "stretching" you need