LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Tropical Wave Emerging Off the Coast of Africa on Saturday Anti-hype Thread

Oh man I'm totally not excited about hurricane swell. So lame. I bet it doesn't even become a hurricane. And if it does there's no way it reaches the East Coast. Nothing to see here folks!<br /><br />A strong tropical wave is predicted to emerge from the coast of Africa on Saturday, and all of the models develop this wave into a tropical depression just west of the Cape Verde Islands by Tuesday. The storm is expected to track to the northwest into a region of ocean where very few tropical cyclones ever make the long crossing of the Atlantic Ocean to threaten North America. In their 8 am EDT Friday Tropical Weather Outlook, NHC put the 5-day odds of development at 50%. <br /><br />Jeff Masters

Reverse psychology, 60% of the time, it works every time.

This strategy will work because a bunch of nerdy surfers making comments on a forum has huge implications on what nature decides what it wants to do.

this system is going to give us huge swell....I gauranteeeeeee it!

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Reverse psychology, 60% of the time, it works every time.
    SUPer got nuttin but love for both you and "The Legend", but please be respective to the holy script and allow two references of each line from the movie on SI at a max of 2x per week. There are so many more precious lines to use too.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    SUPer got nuttin but love for both you and "The Legend", but please be respective to the holy script and allow two references of each line from the movie on SI at a max of 2x per week. There are so many more precious lines to use too.
    Didn't realize i met the requisite, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Didn't realize i met the requisite, thanks
    Yes Emass "The WordSmith" is very sensitive to how words are being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Yes Emass "The WordSmith" is very sensitive to how words are being used.
    I use that quote a lot to be fair, in real life and in my SI life, it's just a perfect quote.

Images
    I literally have been laughing out loud at all of these threads. I mean come on... we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Getting hyped up on a shot in the dark. Last week we were praying for a 20% chance, now we're up to 50%. Reverse psychology. Hilarious stuff.

This really is the life of an East Coast surfer... You can't help but laugh

I booked a ticket to come back to NJ to hopefully score some surf. Flying in 9/14 leaving 9/19. You should all be blessed with waves the day i head back to SD... You're welcome

Scobeyville, thank you so much bro. Someone has to make the sacrifice so that the rest of us pondscum can surf. I am marking this day on my calender. God Bless and free surfboards to you ( if you show up in Cocoa Beach on the right day, right tide, u should have been here an hour ago). My daughters B'day is the 20th, and usually my shoulders are sore by then, so many blessings to you for taking one for the team. May you be blessed with perfect overhead slowly peeling empty barrels.