LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aren't the roads to Mal Pais a nightmare rain /mudslides in Oct.?

Yeah they are, I have a shuttle arranged to get us there and will rent the car once in Mal Pais. Last year they really didn't have a rainy season and it was bone dry in early Nov, hoping it will be the same this year.

Good luck! The plus will be the lack of crowds and good surf!

Target

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I am going to CR in October - November and am taking my entire family. Its usually my wife and I that go and we get rides with friends or get a bus until we get to Mal Pais, transportation has never been a problem....the family wants to rent a car and I've heard it is way more expensive to get it there than to go through expedia or one of the others. Anyone had any experience with this. Thanks
    I have travel to CR several times, the best service I got with a rental company was Target Car Rental. Easy to work with, just down the road from the Holiday Inn by the airport.
    Just remember, before exiting the airport building, the car rental guys are line up against the big window with a card with your name on the card. Miss this little detail and it can be tough to connect.
    I will be traveling to NICA at the same time, we are not sure if we will rent a car?

Enjoy

Images
    Im heading back in Oct and have been keeping up with the weather in Guanacaste... NOT dry like last year.

everything in cr is super pricey now. I rented a car for 9 days a month ago there and I had to haggle to get the price down to 610 bucks so a 4wd is basically 70 per day same as US prices. youll need a 4wd otherwise dont even bother renting. and forget mal pais place is a zoo so rent a car and drive around. have fun ticos are great still but prices increased threefold since i was there before this last summer trip(5 yrs before)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I am going to CR in October - November and am taking my entire family. Its usually my wife and I that go and we get rides with friends or get a bus until we get to Mal Pais, transportation has never been a problem....the family wants to rent a car and I've heard it is way more expensive to get it there than to go through expedia or one of the others. Anyone had any experience with this. Thanks

correct a ****load of rain this year. rent a 4wd! the river crossings are hairy but fun as hell

Quote Originally Posted by chad05gt View Post
    Im heading back in Oct and have been keeping up with the weather in Guanacaste... NOT dry like last year.