LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

how to repair cracked swim fins?

somebody just gave me a pair of Churchill swim fins - useable but i can see the straps that go behind the heel are cracking. i'd like to repair them before they bust - anybody have a good tip on how to do this? i saw some suggestions to use wetsuit glue and this guy is pitching something called Solareze Spongrez, fixing exactly the same problem:

http://solarez.com/uses/swimfins.html

anybody have any suggestions? thanks!

If ta got an old wetsuit you will never use, cut strips same size. Rivet to one side and bang ur done. Good luck

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeclimbing View Post
    If ta got an old wetsuit you will never use, cut strips same size. Rivet to one side and bang ur done. Good luck
    i was thinking of that, but i was thinking of gluing the strip to the inside of the rubber strap. what would you use for the rivet?

A rivet gun and rivets from local hardware store. 15 bucks maybe. Pre drill holes. Use a softer rivet so it doesn't blow out.rivet from inside to out so it won't be poking ya in the heels. For your way would work fine till fin strap breaks. Seam sealer can glue it to the strap, it stays flexible. 6 bucks at any outdoor store. Make wetsuit strip fatter in middle for comfort or double it up. If doubled up I would sew two pieces together first, then rivet. I hope this helps ya.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeclimbing View Post
    A rivet gun and rivets from local hardware store. 15 bucks maybe. Pre drill holes. Use a softer rivet so it doesn't blow out.rivet from inside to out so it won't be poking ya in the heels. For your way would work fine till fin strap breaks. Seam sealer can glue it to the strap, it stays flexible. 6 bucks at any outdoor store. Make wetsuit strip fatter in middle for comfort or double it up. If doubled up I would sew two pieces together first, then rivet. I hope this helps ya.
    very helpful - thanks!

Not a prob good luck. Before doing the work stop in a dive shop n see how they would try to save them. It can't hurt to ask.