LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

new to MA via HI

xjfkdnfugungjdnklsdnlaeojeorjewuihfjvncxkxxkmxklma meimekfm
    Last edited by ECswell; Sep 8, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Yo bro, I feel for you, that's a strange transition...I will say that the further south you go the less cold the people get, generally speaking. Not saying ALL or Everyone, I'm sure there's some laid back people up there if you look hard enough. Good luck, and prepare to freeze your kahunas off. Cheers.

God bless you, that's why I'm an Eagles fan.

Haha...nah, that's Kenny Powers, my friend.
    Look up "Eastbound & Down" on YouTube.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECswell View Post
    oh, eagles are cool. love mick vick. love dog fights too.
    I liked you until I saw this.

I can't tell if that was a joke or not.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Sep 7, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Grow a pair and stop complaining. Winter's coming, bruddah. Hope you're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySav View Post
    Grow a pair and stop complaining. Winter's coming, bruddah. Hope you're ready.
    Winter sucks. It's cold as hell. It's time for skiing/snowboarding in new england. That's why 95% of the lineup in the water is gone in winter. Because it's ass cold. He's coming from Hawaii. Might as well just take up another hobby in winter. It's like being a skier who loves powder and moving from utah to connecticut. You can get some good days, but it'll be 100 times more consistent where you came from.

I'm really sick and tired of people saying "winter is coming" so who cares about waves the rest of fall/summer/spring. As if this is the north shore of hawaii. It's the northeastern u.s. I have no use for 30 degree water and air temps in the teens to show how "tough"(crazy) I am. No thanks.

As far as the people go, I wouldn't know. I think people are generally the same everywhere. Some nice one's and a lot of not nice one's. I've never been to hawaii though.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

I grew up in MA and now live in ME. What a difference 100 miles can make. People are awesome up here, and we don't like the mass-holes all that much. Funny how that works. Anyway, visit CT, NJ and NY (particularly Long Island) and you'll soon find MA folks to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    I grew up in MA and now live in ME. What a difference 100 miles can make. People are awesome up here, and we don't like the mass-holes all that much. Funny how that works. Anyway, visit CT, NJ and NY (particularly Long Island) and you'll soon find MA folks to be just fine.
    haha, agreed sir. you beat me to it. If dude thinks MA is bad then he has no idea what its like in NJ (specifically north where I am). That whole jersey shore crowd disappears after the summer and guess who deals with them the other 3 seasons? Me. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by ECswell View Post
    is everybody so bizarre and stuck up in this state? or am i just out of my element?
    Yea that's a tough transition. Once you find a nice chill surfing community you'll fit right in, trust me. But yea, there's a ton of massholes up here. You probably are really thrown off though just experiencing such a change. I'm probably gonna move from MA to find a different scene and better surf as soon as I can..but it does get pretty good and consistent in the winter. I just don't like the cold too much.. Just try to befriend people who work at surf shops and stuff. The guys at Levitate are really cool and have a huge network of awesome people. Jamie O'brien and Cheyne Magnusson just stopped by the shop a few weekends ago too.Best of luck.