LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    look emass and carter getting a long it cant be true, but this ec dude seems like a troll or sumting he just wants to get a rise out of yall. now throw him a doggie treat and pet his ead and say good boy.
    SB my braw, just because I engage in discourse with someone here doesn't mean I hate them or even dislike them. I do my best not to judge or label. It's clear that to the few posters that only want to invite a riot with me that I now simply ignore all their attempts at flaming. rcarter happens to be of particular entertainment due to his zig-zag high-low moods in the course of the same day like when he had a rough commute to work then copes through the highly effective therapeutic outlet of posting a poll to vote me off the island and also posted a stabbing threat that his split-personality deleted quickly. Then he pulls The Clash move with "should I stay or should I go" but to a less meaningful tune to his life than that of SUP.

rcarter, EC won't like you because you have passion.

I've thought that EC is a troll as well, but figured my statements were productive to not just the whole Masshole debate, but also North-South, Jerz or bust, or my **** vs your ****. Too much labeling here and mf'ers need to start assessing people's words and actions separately from them as a core person.

Lastly...
    FREE SELDOM
    (Oh wait...that was just a board malfunction solved long ago)

Charge on buggahs!
    EmassholeSpicoli

Quote Originally Posted by ECswell View Post
    don't forget, you people stole the land under your feet through lies and murder. too bad you can't all fit on the Mayflower and go back to Europe.

why you bringing up BJ? you know him? i do. trained at the same gym for awhile. he's too small for me though. im 6'3 220.
    Couple more things before I fulfill those passionate activities this evening as previously mentioned:

1) While they dehumanized the native Americans (inexcusable), the Pilgrims' primary intention was to get a better life than the oppression they were being put into. They wanted a better life. As did the Irish. And Jewish. And Italians, Greeks, Ports, et al. Why did you come to MA? Was it for a better life in some way? I'd think so.

2) Size is variable in worth to a fight. Not excluding it, but it's not a sure bet and can sometimes be a disadvantage to the bigger one. BJ fought up a weight class many times with no hesitation or difficulty. When did I bring up your size? And what's up with comparing you and BJ in a matchup? I never even talked about you as an athlete or fighter so what's the point?

I'll take a guy with passion that's 5'3 140lb soaking wet at my back in a tough time over a passionless dude the size of a NCAA 1-AA tight end. Not saying you lack it, as your ignorant statements have some persistent and those may at least represent sparks of passion. But you're also remarking of mine as if it's yet another thing you don't understand and therefore talk smack about as you fear it's got something you don't have a counter for.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    SB my braw, just because I engage in discourse with someone here doesn't mean I hate them or even dislike them. I do my best not to judge or label. It's clear that to the few posters that only want to invite a riot with me that I now simply ignore all their attempts at flaming. rcarter happens to be of particular entertainment due to his zig-zag high-low moods in the course of the same day like when he had a rough commute to work then copes through the highly effective therapeutic outlet of posting a poll to vote me off the island and also posted a stabbing threat that his split-personality deleted quickly. Then he pulls The Clash move with "should I stay or should I go" but to a less meaningful tune to his life than that of SUP.
    Hey bro I'm the first to admit when I am wrong and you are correct about my past indiscretion and I apologize for them. I must say your posts of late have been nice to read (thanks for making them shorter for rednecks like me who only made the 3rd grade and you seem to really be progressing in your surfing. I wish no ill will and hope you keep the stoke you have always had! Oh and also The Clash rocks!!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    It's not that we're a$$holes....we just don't like you
    HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!! Why should we accept your Hawaiian princess \ any more than you accept us Haole's. Love and Aloha come around equal. Welcome to the mainland! Just be careful your fun loving attitude doesn't get you shot!

is everybody so bizarre and stuck up in this state? or am i just out of my element?
    Another runaway thread.

Anyway, it's a big geographic and cultural change going from HI to MA.
    Be friendly, open minded, respectful, and give folks the benefit of the doubt.
    Don't be judgmental. You're too new to the area. Don't fight things and people because they're different than what you're used to. You'll just make yourself miserable. Ya gotta go with the flow.
    I haven't been everywhere (like the Johnny Cash song), but I did move around a bit when I was a kid, while in college, and later while in the Navy.
    Last edited by DosXX; Sep 8, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

i've been frozen before. by the ocean though. had a stint in Scotland. cool people. social as hell.

MA peeps only seem to want to be social if they're talking about themselves. can't figure these people out. can barely understand them! they can't pronounce R's?!? is all of New England like this?
    Never forget that it was people from the North East of the United States who stole Hawaii, condemned her people to a life of poverty and tried to eradicate the practice of surfing from the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Never forget that it was people from the North East of the United States who stole Hawaii, condemned her people to a life of poverty and tried to eradicate the practice of surfing from the earth.
    Since we are in the habit of blanket statement, why don't you just come out and say:
    "The white man tried to keep Duke down."

Damn white people and their white tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Since we are in the habit of blanket statement, why don't you just come out and say:
    "The white man tried to keep Duke down."

Damn white people and their white tendencies.
    That's not what I said not what I was implying, instead I was suggesting that perhaps you should show gratitude to your Hawaiian visitor for what his culture gave you and realize that your culture, which has always imposed itself on his, has been terrible for him and his people.

Instead, you became antagonistic and combative. That seems to always be your first reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Hey bro I'm the first to admit when I am wrong and you are correct about my past indiscretion and I apologize for them. I must say your posts of late have been nice to read (thanks for making them shorter for rednecks like me who only made the 3rd grade and you seem to really be progressing in your surfing. I wish no ill will and hope you keep the stoke you have always had! Oh and also The Clash rocks!!!!
    Ya brah, the respective progress works of my surfing and your mental health are progress works that seem to both be moving along well. It's gone flat so I've gone searching for waves. Hopefully we get some level of surf here early to mid week because if I go to Trestles in a week when it's got great conditions (and it's supposed to) and I haven't been on a semi-legit wave in two weeks it's gonna be a rough first day. I'll still be stoked no matter what!!

Glad you've enjoyed the posts lately. I've had a ton going on and the board got a little dis interesting there for a bit so I dropped in less often. Writing those damn novels takes time and I'm sure 95% of the words don't do anything but muddle the post 95% of the time. Today I had time to kill on a flight and this guy needed an adjustment and labels/stereotypes/ethnocentrism are things I've just had enough of overall.

You and Billy Madison share the same opinion about the 4th grade being real hard but you really missed out if you stopped going after the 3rd. No snak paks, no boners for hot teachers, no incontinence with widespread peer approval. Not sure if you can go back now though. It'd be creepy and there's probably laws against it but you can give it a try. We'd all be pulling for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    That's not what I said not what I was implying, instead I was suggesting that perhaps you should show gratitude to your Hawaiian visitor for what his culture gave you and realize that your culture, which has always imposed itself on his, has been terrible for him and his people.

Instead, you became antagonistic and combative. That seems to always be your first reaction.
    Hey JC,

Can't really take you seriously with the name and avatar, so please forgive me. I'm a practicing Catholic so I'm not sure if I should even be ok with conversing with you. To your post, I was throwing out some simple SI humor that's quite typical of this forum. The whole mess of "this vs. that" is needing some parody or else you'd go mad reading those threads here. Listen though, I'll be a good guy and go say 3 Novenas. Is that ample penance?

Concerning my "first reaction", did you not see the man who campaigned for my forum expulsion a while back tell me he's enjoyed my posts recently? If that's not a barometer reading on my forum reception, I don't know what is. Brah pledged to come at me with a Rusty Knife (3" x 7/8" x 1/32", volume unknown!) now he's campaining Vote Spicoli! I've turned down the volume of all my posts for a while now and they're pretty objective or light-hearted now. I don't even respond to my greatest persecutors anymore and befriended several of the former ones. Sound familiar with the cheek-turning?

Onto the idealization of the Hawaiian culture, you clearly didn't read my posts above that in no way persecuted his culture, in fact I gave a thorough treatment to the acknowledgement of all our societal downfalls the settlers and Union had, and was also defending not just Mass but the need for non-judgmentalism by all.

I'm confident you'll see where I'm coming from. I'm 33, you lived to 33. We both have had our share of persecution. The list goes on. Let's call it a day and I'll look forward to talking to the real you in Church tomorrow.

Faithfully,
    EmassholeSpicoli
    Born Sinner