LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Today feels like Xmas

Even though it was thigh-waist high and weak it felt incredible to paddle out today because as every Long Island surfer knows today is when we get out beaches back No more being stuck in the bullpen no more lifeguards no more being charged to get onto to the beach I love the day after Labor Day

Images
    Yeah !!! This dude has the right attitude. I went out this morning. I hope all y'all did. You have to if you can.

The day after Labor Day rules.........

I love the fact that there is no specific swimming or surfing area down here. Plenty of room to spread out. I feel for you northerners, ruled by lifeguards and no surfing zones.

A Glorious Day Indeed

Needless, I say more.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Sep 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

I went out today even with the small surf just because this is my favorite season and I wanted to kick it off. 25 other surfers had the same idea and went to the same jetty at the same time LOL

Images
    I'm glad you guys are having a good surfing season!

I almost didn't paddle out this morning. High tide and onshore winds weren't exactly making conditions ideal but I saw a post by PJB saying something along the lines of it being good karma paddling out the day after labor day. I felt inspired, I had fun despite conditions with only 4 other guys out. Tomorrow looks even better. Here's to fall

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I love the fact that there is no specific swimming or surfing area down here. Plenty of room to spread out. I feel for you northerners, ruled by lifeguards and no surfing zones.
    who cares about down there

this is a north east forum. why do you have to put your 2 cents in everywhere.

Got out at lunchtime for an hour. Glassy and mostly ankle slappers but managed to catch a couple "rogue" 1.5 footers. Still, it was good to get out. Already the beach crews were out removing the lifeguard stands.