LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

any one else get in the water today?

Just got back from a little mid afternoon session here on long island. It wasn't anything too spectacular but the bigger sets were in the waist high range and not to many people in the water. I had allot of fun. Iv been getting out pretty often for barley rideable crap so it was just real nice to get out there and have some fun on a more substantial wave. I don't post on here often but I figured with all the negativity surrounding the "flat spell" and some other topics on here some positivity was in order. So did anyone else get out there and have some fun today?

Images
    Yeah dude, totally surprised me today. Solid 3 foot down in high-tide friendly South Jersey this morning.

I actually had a good time, and I never have a good time.......

Rippable with plenty of little dumpy bowls to pull into. Nice day......offshores........I was digging it.

Dude, let the negativity become you.......embrace it. That's what you're supposed to do on the internet.

Got out this morning off Sandbridge/VA Beach while wife & kids were still in the sack. It was OK. Water was warm and a little cleaner than last week. Mostly longboard stuff, but I caught a few. Been transitioning from an old beat-up 8-6 beginner board (started last Sept) to a used 7 ft quad swallowtail I recently picked up, so it's been a learning curve. But I'm making progress and enjoying the board. Looking forward to Fall.

Yes! 3 hours of waist to stomach clean waves. Pretty good for the south.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Got out this morning off Sandbridge/VA Beach while wife & kids were still in the sack. It was OK. Water was warm and a little cleaner than last week. Mostly longboard stuff, but I caught a few. Been transitioning from an old beat-up 8-6 beginner board (started last Sept) to a used 7 ft quad swallowtail I recently picked up, so it's been a learning curve. But I'm making progress and enjoying the board. Looking forward to Fall.
    Fall is looking forward to you.

Remember it's all aboot fun and not performance. Worrying aboot your last cutback makes you crazy like I am. Don't let that happen to you.

And don't get the, " Did you see that....did you see that......ANYBODY see that???" syndrome where you worry if people saw your last off the lip..........that will drive you nuts too.

Keep it fun and don't become insane like me.

Images
    chest high on hunting island today it was pretty amazing, was surprised that when i got there 20 were also there to... and pjb its not about fun its about who can be more aggro, who can bench more, ride the shortest board, make the best mean mug ect.

Thanks, PJB.
    I try keeping the fun aspect in mind, especially when I start getting flustered and can't seem to do anything right.
    Heck, I'm 58 and surfing. What do I have to whine about? I'm grateful to be able to get out on the water.

Waist high and fairly clean this afternoon in SJ. Pretty fun once the tide got low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    chest high on hunting island today it was pretty amazing, was surprised that when i got there 20 were also there to... and pjb its not about fun its about who can be more aggro, who can bench more, ride the shortest board, make the best mean mug ect.
    Heard it was chest high on IOP with the incoming tide this morn. Sad I missed that, but I can't complain.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yeah dude, totally surprised me today. Solid 3 foot down in high-tide friendly South Jersey this morning.

I actually had a good time, and I never have a good time.......

Rippable with plenty of little dumpy bowls to pull into. Nice day......offshores........I was digging it.

Dude, let the negativity become you.......embrace it. That's what you're supposed to do on the internet.
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!