LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    402

    any one else get in the water today?

    Just got back from a little mid afternoon session here on long island. It wasn't anything too spectacular but the bigger sets were in the waist high range and not to many people in the water. I had allot of fun. Iv been getting out pretty often for barley rideable crap so it was just real nice to get out there and have some fun on a more substantial wave. I don't post on here often but I figured with all the negativity surrounding the "flat spell" and some other topics on here some positivity was in order. So did anyone else get out there and have some fun today?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Yeah dude, totally surprised me today. Solid 3 foot down in high-tide friendly South Jersey this morning.

    I actually had a good time, and I never have a good time.......

    Rippable with plenty of little dumpy bowls to pull into. Nice day......offshores........I was digging it.

    Dude, let the negativity become you.......embrace it. That's what you're supposed to do on the internet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,016
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yeah dude, totally surprised me today. Solid 3 foot down in high-tide friendly South Jersey this morning.

    I actually had a good time, and I never have a good time.......

    Rippable with plenty of little dumpy bowls to pull into. Nice day......offshores........I was digging it.

    Dude, let the negativity become you.......embrace it. That's what you're supposed to do on the internet.
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    I love that beach. Had to work all day so could only check the cam. Looked small in the early morning, glad its picking up, going to check tomorrow evening, I hope it sticks around.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    Glad you scored! I know it's tough for you to get rides to the break. If that's a highlight sesh of the summer you're stoked!! Going to board or surf more this winter?? Go no bindings in pow & surf on snow!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    Chest high?
    http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...-england_4266/

    Considering the dominant swell was 3.9 feet west at 5 seconds.(west swells don't hit town beach) I really have a hard time believing that. You drove like 3 hours for this today? Seriously? I also watched the cam and it was barely knee high mostly just slamming on the beach with maybe a thigh high set once in a blue moon. The cam also has a live streaming feed.

    I guess chest high is the swellinfo equivalent of knee high. Sort of like the opposite of the Hawaiian scale.


    Did the swell just pop up for like an hour or two and you got really lucky?

    Well I'm glad you had fun anyway!
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 9, 2013 at 03:33 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Chest high?
    http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...-england_4266/

    Considering the dominant swell was 3.9 feet west at 5 seconds.(west swells don't hit town beach) I really have a hard time believing that. You drove like 3 hours for this today? Seriously? I also watched the cam and it was barely knee high mostly just slamming on the beach with maybe a thigh high set once in a blue moon. The cam also has a live streaming feed.

    I guess chest high is the swellinfo equivalent of knee high. Sort of like the opposite of the Hawaiian scale.


    Did the swell just pop up for like an hour or two and you got really lucky?

    Well I'm glad you had fun anyway!
    Yo, shark-hunter, one thing I've learned: never trust a camera.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Yo, shark-hunter, one thing I've learned: never trust a camera.
    Fo sho. Especially in my area. The best cams are the washout and the folly pier. I have had days where the cams look like crap there, but my spot is working well. I have also had the opposite.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    Oh thank god RI got surf finally, please tell me that you and Sharkhunter got it in, If he says it's flat one more time, i'm driving from FL to RI

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yeah dude, totally surprised me today. Solid 3 foot down in high-tide friendly South Jersey this morning.

    I actually had a good time, and I never have a good time.......

    Rippable with plenty of little dumpy bowls to pull into. Nice day......offshores........I was digging it.

    Dude, let the negativity become you.......embrace it. That's what you're supposed to do on the internet.
    That's a very Darth Vader-esque quote PJB. Glad you scored. We had super glassy waist to rib high waves down here in Jacksonville this morning. The last 2 evenings have been awesome before sunset. Saturday night we scored chest high sets with minimal chop at my spot. Haven't been happier in a while I'm happy to report. Thanks for the positive vibes Bass. We were in need of a positive vibration mon!