LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images
    DPSUP don't listen to either one of those guys it was about 13 feet.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Shark hunter. Quit *****in and quit looking at the cams and just go surf already. It seems like the whole EC got waves except you. Maybe the problem is you, not the waves. Enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    DPSUP don't listen to either one of those guys it was about 13 feet.
    I'm convinced he never gets in the ocean, like ever. Always an excuse, always telling others they are lying about the waves. I didn't get out but I saw it was like waist to chest most everywhere. I have access to cams too, and the ones I checked looked good to me, and I know that the cams don't even show the best sand bars, but it still looked fun.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lisurfr View Post
    Yeah man .... central LI was super fun yesterday. I was chillin because I thought it was gonna be 1-2ft mush. My cuz called me from RM and told me it was firing on the waist-chest range with nice offshores. I jumped at the chance being starved for over a week. Had to get used to the SB as all I've been riding in the LB the last 2 months. Was nice to get a wave with a littly power.

Super fun .... just goes to show you ... the best surf report is the one that comes from actually going to the beach and seeing for yourself !
    Yeah man. I almost passed on yesterday, too. Luckily I didn't.

Now all y'all you see the last line of lisurfr's comment...............Start living it. Don't base your surfing life on internet predictions and wavecams.

Shark Hunter, you need to get out of the house and off the computer. If you live in Rhode Island the beach can't be that far away......Rhode Island is small for all of you geographically challenged types......Maybe you should move to New Jersey - the land of sunshine and a thousand smiles.

Hey guys, a new depression went off Africa....you guys are slipping.......where's the hoopla?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'm convinced he never gets in the ocean, like ever. Always an excuse, always telling others they are lying about the waves. I didn't get out but I saw it was like waist to chest most everywhere. I have access to cams too, and the ones I checked looked good to me, and I know that the cams don't even show the best sand bars, but it still looked fun.
    It was not waist to chest in RI.

Seldom, did you score waves on Sunday?

Sweet little swell on the Isle of Chiba this weekend. Dawn Patrol Sunday showed the rare glassy surface we usually only read about. Thanks for sharing Poseiden!

Waist to stomach; even a little more for those with patience.

Three sessions and the shoulders are shot...now to embrace the pain and achieve Monday morning stoke via the memories!

Get your slide on boys and girls. I love September!

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post

Not in your little world it wasn't, it was most certainly FLAT i know.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post

That I did not sir. I made the mistake of hitting it Saturday afternoon b/c I thought it might pick up a bit. Not much at all to ride where I was. Couldn't do it Sunday do to prior obligations. But going by the buoy and from what I saw on the cam, if I to guess I would call it waist at best. Sorry RIsurfer, it's not that I don't believe you, I'm just guessing based on what I observed. It was REAL CLEAN both days, always a silver lining right? It definitely looked punchier and more organized on Sunday. I looked at buoy readings from 44097 south to VB, and they definitely got it better south of RI. But I also am a weirdo and think that maybe, just maybe, RIsurfer appeased the wave gods enough that they delivered to him his very own chest high set at 'Gansett. Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Sweet little swell on the Isle of Chiba this weekend. Dawn Patrol Sunday showed the rare glassy surface we usually only read about. Thanks for sharing Poseiden!
    you are welcome. ill send some more waves in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    That I did not sir. I made the mistake of hitting it Saturday afternoon b/c I thought it might pick up a bit. Not much at all to ride where I was. Couldn't do it Sunday do to prior obligations. But going by the buoy and from what I saw on the cam, if I to guess I would call it waist at best. Sorry RIsurfer, it's not that I don't believe you, I'm just guessing based on what I observed. It was REAL CLEAN both days, always a silver lining right? It definitely looked punchier and more organized on Sunday. I looked at buoy readings from 44097 south to VB, and they definitely got it better south of RI. But I also am a weirdo and think that maybe, just maybe, RIsurfer appeased the wave gods enough that they delivered to him his very own chest high set at 'Gansett. Stranger things have happened.
    That's what I figured. I trust surfline's reports and of course there's a cam on top of it. Wish RI had a few more cams. All we really have that is descent is warm winds cam and I wish that was centered in the middle of the beach instead of the wall(so you could see SW swell action that won't hit the wall area).

Most of the people on here are nuts. Do you know how much gas money/time would be spent checking the ocean every single day when all the reports say ankle high and the cams look like ****? Unless you live less than 10 minutes from the beach(which is still 20 minutes round trip), that's insanity. Imagine driving 2 hours round trip like you do seldome and to do that everyday just to check for a mysto swell that 99% of the time will be flat since reports/forecast/cam all say it's flat!!??

Give me a break on here people.