LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    chest high on hunting island today it was pretty amazing, was surprised that when i got there 20 were also there to... and pjb its not about fun its about who can be more aggro, who can bench more, ride the shortest board, make the best mean mug ect.
    Yeah brah, happy to hear. Must be good after a long work week and tough sched. Good to see it sb

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    100% with ya, bruddah, what a gorgeous wknd! Yest was glass at mid-tide, just ride after ride after ride what a day. Looked for the KokiB off-road board magic machine but you may have been down the line crankin' it up.

CR was tremendous. With the exception of one stormy blown out afternoon sesh, the waves were consistent & fine. Was able to work on elements of my surfing, just trying to always improve the game.
    Did x8 sessions in 4 1/2 days; slept like a brick, I can tell you that.
    Plus, it is low season there until mid-November. Maybe 4 to 8 people out at any given time. Sublime solo-surf-trek, kinda like what the early 'pre-discovery' surfers must have felt like?

Town had that deserted, rustic vibe to it, some businesses were shut down until the tourists return, the few souls that were there very friendly of course. Wish I coulda stayed until TurkeyDay. Really enjoyed the entire trip. And didn't even step on a sting ray...
    Good to hear, brother. Sounds rad, don't forget about me next time, I'm down to go.
    Yeah, I hit up that spot just to the north yesterday early morning, ended up staying in the water till 2:30, headed out and went and ate crabs and drank some brews, woke up, she made me breakfast...and made my way down for the afternoon...and boy, what an afternoon it was...def going to sleep like a baby tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    Chest high?
    http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...-england_4266/

Considering the dominant swell was 3.9 feet west at 5 seconds.(west swells don't hit town beach) I really have a hard time believing that. You drove like 3 hours for this today? Seriously? I also watched the cam and it was barely knee high mostly just slamming on the beach with maybe a thigh high set once in a blue moon. The cam also has a live streaming feed.

I guess chest high is the swellinfo equivalent of knee high. Sort of like the opposite of the Hawaiian scale.

Did the swell just pop up for like an hour or two and you got really lucky?

Well I'm glad you had fun anyway!
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 9, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Chest high?
    http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...-england_4266/

Considering the dominant swell was 3.9 feet west at 5 seconds.(west swells don't hit town beach) I really have a hard time believing that. You drove like 3 hours for this today? Seriously? I also watched the cam and it was barely knee high mostly just slamming on the beach with maybe a thigh high set once in a blue moon. The cam also has a live streaming feed.

I guess chest high is the swellinfo equivalent of knee high. Sort of like the opposite of the Hawaiian scale.

Did the swell just pop up for like an hour or two and you got really lucky?

Well I'm glad you had fun anyway!
    Yo, shark-hunter, one thing I've learned: never trust a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Yo, shark-hunter, one thing I've learned: never trust a camera.
    Fo sho. Especially in my area. The best cams are the washout and the folly pier. I have had days where the cams look like crap there, but my spot is working well. I have also had the opposite.

6. 3 sessions, morning afternoon and dinner time. nun great but all fun! had to break out the l.b. for the later sesh.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Fo sho. Especially in my area. The best cams are the washout and the folly pier. I have had days where the cams look like crap there, but my spot is working well. I have also had the opposite.
    The cam was in the exact spot he was talking about. 2 separate independent reports, 1 video shot, seperate 1 hd streaming cam. Weak SE underlying swell was in the water would hit the whole beach the same way. So maybe it popped up for a hour or two? That's all I can think of.

Yeah man .... central LI was super fun yesterday. I was chillin because I thought it was gonna be 1-2ft mush. My cuz called me from RM and told me it was firing on the waist-chest range with nice offshores. I jumped at the chance being starved for over a week. Had to get used to the SB as all I've been riding in the LB the last 2 months. Was nice to get a wave with a littly power.

Super fun .... just goes to show you ... the best surf report is the one that comes from actually going to the beach and seeing for yourself !

Exactly! Just got back from a dawn patrol session, not as good as yesterday, I actually almost didn't paddle out. It was surprisingly fun though I got some good little thigh high waves. I told myself I'd only stay out for an hour since it didn't look to good, I ended staying in for 3. There were a few guys on the beach who weren't going to paddle out til they saw me catch a few then they all got in and had some fun to. If your going to wait for the cam to look good or for a good report (swell info has today as red all day) your going to miss out on allot of fun. I'm the type to surf anything that's rideable, I have fun on knee high days, but I'm pumped to have gotten something a little bigger these past 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Definetly, here in RI at the town beach, there were some plus sets of maybe chest high that I duck dove at high tide. Clean and sooo perfect. Best sesh I've had in like two months!
    Oh thank god RI got surf finally, please tell me that you and Sharkhunter got it in, If he says it's flat one more time, i'm driving from FL to RI