LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    It was not waist to chest in RI.

Seldom, did you score waves on Sunday?
    Dude, your laying on your stomach...even waist is OH for you.

Quote Originally Posted by koki barrels View Post
    dude, your laying on your stomach...even waist is oh for you.
    zzzziiing!

I live about 30 min from the beach, if it's forecasted to be anything from knee high up and winds are good or I think the wind won't cause to much chop I take the drive to the beach to be there before sunrise. Then I check it out and the majority of the time I paddle out. This usually means im doing the round trip 2,3, 4, maybe 5 times a week. Some times I get there and it's flat. Oh well. I don't have crazy amounts of money. I'm a student working at a restaurant and mommy and daddy don't give me a dime. Iv never had an issue paying for gas or being able to put money into savings every week. And if it means I can surf more by not waiting for a cam to be good it's not a waste to me. Doing the hour round trip never bothered me either. That's not crazy. What is crazy is not getting in the water as much as possible if that's what you love to do. I end up surfing a few days a week and enjoy the hell out of it. I must be insane
    Last edited by BassMon; Sep 9, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Sweet little swell on the Isle of Chiba this weekend. Dawn Patrol Sunday showed the rare glassy surface we usually only read about. Thanks for sharing Poseiden!

Waist to stomach; even a little more for those with patience.

Three sessions and the shoulders are shot...now to embrace the pain and achieve Monday morning stoke via the memories!

Get your slide on boys and girls. I love September!
    What part do you surf? 31st has been really working this late summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I live about 30 min from the beach, if it's forecasted to be anything from knee high up and winds are good or I think the wind won't cause to much chop I take the drive to the beach to be there before sunrise. Then I check it out and the majority of the time I paddle out. This usually means im doing the round trip 2,3, 4, maybe 5 times a week. Some times I get there and it's flat. Oh well. I don't have crazy amounts of money. I'm a student working at a restaurant and mommy and daddy don't give me a dime. Iv never had an issue paying for gas or being able to put money into savings every week. And if it means I can surf more by not waiting for a cam to be good it's not a waste to me. Doing the hour round trip never bothered me either. That's not crazy. What is crazy is not getting in the water as much as possible if that's what you love to do. I end up surfing a few days a week and enjoy the hell out of it. I must be insane
    Knee high is a waste to me most of time unless you live on the beach. It won't push a bodyboard unless it's REALLY punchy. You need at least thigh high. Some sandbars around here that are short won't even handle a knee high swell. it will just break on the sand.

hmmm....Do you live with your parents? Did they give you a car? Are you living off of loan money?(ie in debt) Do you actually have your OWN apartment or living with a bunch of people? I have a hard time seeing how someone working a restaurant(assuming you're a regular worker) could afford their own car, apartment ect. working 40 hours a week without some kind of government or family assistance. Nevermind that you're also going to school on top of it.

Yeah you're probably just better off moving to cali if you feel the need to drive to to the beach 5 times a week around here this past month. You'll have a lot better time if you're that addicted to surfing that your having wavegasm's with ankle to knee high waves. Or use that money saved on gas and get a plane ticket. It's not just gas money, it's wear and tear on the vehicle. It costs around 50 cents a mile to operate a motor vehicle.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 9, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Images
    I have to smile reading all these comments that some people are too lazy or too cheap to make the trip to the beach to score just because the cams don't look awesome or the reports aren't epic. That means more empty lineups. And to think what people did before the advent of the internet or surf cams...
    Last edited by surfrr; Sep 9, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Imagine driving 2 hours round trip like you do seldome and to do that everyday just to check for a mysto swell that 99% of the time will be flat since reports/forecast/cam all say it's flat!!??
    Yeah man, as much as I believe any day in the water is a good day I was kicking myself in the a$$ a little on saturday. It's not that i didn't want to be there, but I'm trying to get as much stuff done as I can while it's flat so once it turns on I don't have to worry about dump runs and $hit.

I live at home, bought my own car pay my own insurance pay my own tuition. It's really not that crazy. I also go on trips and pay for plane tickets and traveling costs, problem is you can't be on vacation year round. So when I'm home it's worth it to surf. And although I do have wavegasims on smaller stuff my point was that it can be better then forecasted. There have been plenty of days it saying knee high and I find I nice waist or stomach high wave. I have pictures to prove it. Knowing your spots helps. If you don't want to get in the water don't but why hate on people who did get wet...on a surf forum. You don't need to answer that question because I don't really care. We will just have to agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by surfrr View Post
    I have to smile reading all these comments that some people are too lazy or too cheap to make the trip to the beach to score just because the cams don't look awesome or the reports aren't epic. That means more empty lineups. And to think what people did before the advent of the internet or surf cams...
    I'm not waiting for a "epic" report. I'm waiting for a thigh to waist high report. lol Has it gotten this bad that anything over knee high is now considered epic?? This is not the great lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I live at home, bought my own car pay my own insurance pay my own tuition. It's really not that crazy. I also go on trips and pay for plane tickets and traveling costs, problem is you can't be on vacation year round. So when I'm home it's worth it to surf. And although I do have wavegasims on smaller stuff my point was that it can be better then forecasted. There have been plenty of days it saying knee high and I find I nice waist or stomach high wave. I have pictures to prove it. Knowing your spots helps. If you don't want to get in the water don't but why hate on people who did get wet...on a surf forum. You don't need to answer that question because I don't really care. We will just have to agree to disagree
    Bassmon,
    You are wasting your time arguing with Pancake-Hunter. He is probably the most disgruntled & negative surfer I have ever heard of, let him be and move on.