LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Images
    I don't think you're crazy at all BassMon, you keep doing what you're doing

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    If you don't want to get in the water don't but why hate on people who did get wet...on a surf forum. You don't need to answer that question because I don't really care. We will just have to agree to disagree
    I'm not hating on anybody. If you want to drive all the better to you. I'm explaining why I don't! The people on here are hating on ME. People are giving me **** because I'm not willing to drive to check on spots when multiple reports are showing it as flat as well as cams.

Hi Brewengineer,

We usually throw the sticks in at 23 or 26.

Looks like with the help of my new best friend Poseidon, we're gonna be set for waves! Thank you P and the rest of the immortals there on Mt Olympus!

Who knew it was that easy to order swell. I have been a fool for so long.

Images
    some of yall rely on web cams and internet predictions to much, i know most of us have seen days where surfline or swell info said it would be flat but when you got there it was 4 foot and glassy. i understand for people that live far away from the beach but i mean if your 10minutes away is it really going to kill you to check it out.. hey brah just had a session of driving 10 minutes im so beat, lets smoke meth!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    i understand for people that live far away from the beach but i mean if your 10minutes away is it really going to kill you to check it out..
    That's pretty much what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    some of yall rely on web cams and internet predictions to much, i know most of us have seen days where surfline or swell info said it would be flat
    I'm not going based solely on forecasts. Forecasts are notorious for busts. I'm going by a spotter LOOKING at whats going on and uploading a video.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    I'm not waiting for a "epic" report. I'm waiting for a thigh to waist high report. lol Has it gotten this bad that anything over knee high is now considered epic?? This is not the great lakes.
    Glad you're not waiting for the epic report because you'll be waiting a while lol. No, personally knee high sucks, but waist and above with clean winds sounds fun. I've been skunked on plenty of days when I thought that things were gonna be good despite what the reports or cams showed. All I'm saying is that sometimes it pays to do the research first hand and ignore what the interwebs say.

Quote Originally Posted by surfrr View Post
    Glad you're not waiting for the epic report because you'll be waiting a while lol. No, personally knee high sucks, but waist and above with clean winds sounds fun. I've been skunked on plenty of days when I thought that things were gonna be good despite what the reports or cams showed. All I'm saying is that sometimes it pays to do the research first hand and ignore what the interwebs say.
    Waist high is a blast.Been waiting a month for a solid waist high day with good winds. This is unprecendted for september to be this bad. The ocean is going to explode with weeks straight of waves now at some point and I'm totally out of shape. All weather patterns reverse themselves. Much prefer just to get out once or twice a week regularly and get my fix in.

Waist-high. Thigh-high. Knee-high. Chest-high. Whatever. Better to judge a session by how much it improved your mental state. This weekend was a lot of fun.

"The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun." Duke Kahanamoku

Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Hi Brewengineer,

We usually throw the sticks in at 23 or 26.

Looks like with the help of my new best friend Poseidon, we're gonna be set for waves! Thank you P and the rest of the immortals there on Mt Olympus!

Who knew it was that easy to order swell. I have been a fool for so long.
    I have hit 26th on many occasions. You should come out to 31st and give that bar a try. It will work well until the next storm, I am guessing.