LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Dorkiest thing you do

So I had a pretty great weekend of surf this past weekend. The kind of sessions where everything comes together and each wave is better than the last. To make it better, I was on that last HWS I made. Enough about me though.

A little more about though first.... I realized I do some pretty dorky stuff while in the zone. One thing in particular is when I'm flying down the line I make flying noises, kinda like the airplane noise you make when feeding a kid. And I usually end my rides with some sort of belly flop.

I'm sure there are other ways to be a surf dork that I haven't figured out yet... what do you do?

-clemmy the chromium hayzeus freak

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    ...when I'm flying down the line I make flying noises, kinda like the airplane noise you make when feeding a kid. And I usually end my rides with some sort of belly flop.
    OMG - lol. Stop doing that...all of it.

when I hit the lip really hard I sometimes say "ssSpah!" (onomatopoeia for the actual sound a board makes when it hits the lip)...I don't yell it out, more like just within my own hearing range. When I do a roundhouse, I say "ssSkash!" during the first half of the turn. That's all.

As far as kicking out, I always lay back down on my board before the wave is over so I'm already in position to paddle back out. No wasted motion. It looks smooth and is an exercise in control...just a good habit to get into.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    As far as kicking out, I always lay back down on my board before the wave is over so I'm already in position to paddle back out. No wasted motion. It looks smooth and is an exercise in control...just a good habit to get into.
    I know, it looks freakin cool.

I do it sometimes but mainly I do the dork flop. I do a lot of other cool things though, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    So I had a pretty great weekend of surf this past weekend. The kind of sessions where everything comes together and each wave is better than the last. To make it better, I was on that last HWS I made. Enough about me though.

A little more about though first.... I realized I do some pretty dorky stuff while in the zone. One thing in particular is when I'm flying down the line I make flying noises, kinda like the airplane noise you make when feeding a kid. And I usually end my rides with some sort of belly flop.

I'm sure there are other ways to be a surf dork that I haven't figured out yet... what do you do?

-clemmy the chromium hayzeus freak
    Now I really need to surf with you. I will bring the video camera.

The dorkiest thing I do, is that sometimes I post things on surf related message boards.

Images
    in just ride the barrel and get pitted ..so pitted..

Images
    Every now and again me and the boys will share a party wave...I know, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Every now and again me and the boys will share a party wave...I know, I know.
    Hey, I do that too. Not really dorky when you consider it is usually knee high around here.

I always recite Capt. Quint lines from Jaws while sitting in the line-up. I do it while fishing too which makes more sense than doing it while surfing.
    So, if you ever surf in the greater Sea Isle/OCNJ area and some weird old dude is sitting in the line-up singing 'Farewell and Adiue to you my fair Spanish Lady' in his best Quint voice, then you know you are surfing with ole Chavez.

...."I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'! "