LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    image.jpgI like to belt out a nice rebel yell while dropping in or flying down the line. Yeeeeeeehhaaaaaaw!!!!!! Nothing limp wristed bout that bub
    Last edited by Kahuna Kai; Sep 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: To make my comment more Kenny Powers like

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I am old and battered, therefore I am the dork you see on the beach doing his pre-surf stretching routine. A little yoga, some kempo stretches, etc. I try to keep it short, but I know everyone in the lineup is like, "Yo, there's the old guy getting ready to paddle out again"...
    Once I hit the water, it's all butter.
    I think you're being way too self conscious. I doubt anyone is looking at you stretch or talking sh*t about you.

anyway, I'm in the same boat (old). Surfing 3 hour sessions for more than 2 days in a row kills me. I get really stiff and sore (especially the back rib muscles, from popping up) and can barely walk...but as soon as I'm back in the water, it all disappears. At that point, I guess I'm turning into a fish and land becomes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OC&SC-83 View Post
    As if I were quoting Saving Silverman, when I see a potential good wave coming a ways out I start;
    "C'MOON c'mon c'mon c'mon c'moooon C'MON c'mon C'MOOOOONNN" usally just to be disappointed.
    I've done same, with similar results.

Oh, I just remembered, every Thanksgiving is epic here. I usually shout out real loud when a big set rolls in: MASHED POTATOES, GRAVY, AND CRANBERRY SAUCE, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" in a voice like Little Richard. It gives me lots of space in the crowded lineup. That and when I get the stink eye I sing out loud in Kurt Cobain voice a few lyrics from "In the Sun": I wish I were like you, easily amused.....What more can I say, everyone is gay....It either cracks them up or really pisses them off, either way it always ends up amusing.

There was a time when I had wondered why so few females participated in this forum.

Seems like I immediately get in tune with the ocean when I enter: I need to pee every time a set rolls in. Then I miss it 'cause I'm too busy peeing. So whenever you seem some older kook sitting there letting the waves roll by, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I pee before getting wet also. One time I had just gotten my suit on and really had to go so I started peeing right there in my suit, in the parking lot. I didn't see anyone around when mid stream this guy comes up to me asking for a fin key. So as I am fidgeting around reaching for the fin key without moving my feet since I was mid stream, a pee puddle was forming right by mine and his feet. When I handed him the fin key he looked at the puddle, then looked at me, and handed me the fin key back. I thought it was hilarious.

I also make plane and race car noises sometimes when on a wave.
    I also say "that's my b****" (like from the waterboy) when I see a wave coming which is cool unless I eat it.
    And lastly, I didn't realize this until I saw pictures of myself surfing but some times I get a the gay limp wrist in one of my hands. It doesn't look cool
    This tops 'em all. I'm in hysterics right now. Ya know, I still consider myself to be somewhat new to this sport. I thought it was very faux pas for a surfer to whizz in his wettie. In thinking that, I've never allowed myself to do it. This thread has opened my eyes. Peeing in wetsuits is socially acceptable, and therefore I plan to do it as soon as possible. The North Atlantic will be a little warmer come Thursday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Sometimes I pee in my suit before I get wet, so as I'm walking down to the water my leg is leaking. Obviously works best when I'm wearing my springy.
    Lol...me too..seems like everytime I'm changing and all amped up to get in the water, I get a huge urge to piss.
    Most of the time I make it into the water, but when you can't, it's better than doing the pee pee dance.

Images

In High School in 91 we were on a youth retreat for church down in Ocean Isle NC. My buddy and I had been out surfing till dusk when we were called in for a "prayer" circle or whatever. I told the youth leaders I had to piss and they told me to hold it. Well you probably know how hard it is to hold it with the sound of the ocean so half way through kum by ya or some song I let the river flow. Grossed everyone out but me and my bud got to hit the waves again since everyone ran from the piss puddle! Another buddy of mine reminded me of this Sunday while surfing. I had forgotten about it for the last 22 years.