LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gabrielle Reformed

Good news for the weekend it seems

It does look like good news. I plan on surfing three days straight.

Images
    Gabrielle is a 2005 French film directed by Patrice Chéreau. It is a screen adaptation of Joseph Conrad's short story The Return.

Contents
    [hide] 1 Plot
    2 Notes
    3 Cast
    4 Reception
    5 Accolades
    6 See also
    7 References
    8 External links

Plot[edit source]

Jean Harvey and his wife Gabrielle are renowned within Paris' haute bourgeoisie for the salons they host each Thursday evening.

Jean and Gabrielle live a comfortable yet regimented life in a well-appointed Paris mansion, assisted by a retinue of devoted servants. Yet their marriage is more of a contract than a relationship. Jean confides to the audience that he loves Gabrielle "as a collector loves his most prized object."

On their 10th anniversary, Jean comes home to find a note from Gabrielle in which she writes that within the hour she will have left to meet her lover.

Jean spends several minutes digesting the meaning of the note. Gabrielle returns shortly, though, and Jean and Gabrielle reflect on their marriage for the remainder of the film.

Hype it HYPE it HYPE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not what I was expecting to see this morning, maybe Humbo will get the right idea and follow his partners lead. The atlantic dancefloor is alive today, i just cremmed my pance.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Hype it HYPE it HYPE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree... is there a hype thread we can use to jinx the cr%p of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I agree... is there a hype thread we can use to jinx the cr%p of this?
    Yes there is and notice my jinxing post as I am patting myself on my back.....http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...ht=#post188109

There's some activity out there, better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    There's some activity out there, better than nothing
    Yup even if it dissipates theyre still calling for 60mph gusts and 50mph sustained winds on friday

Gabrielle rises from the dead! What a very pleasant surprise. Thanks Sniff, you're a savant!