LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Storm reborn, new wetsuit ready for it

Well, Gabrielle got itself back together, looks like the northeast/mid Atlantic is Gunna get some decent waist to chest high clean swell for about 3 days straight. Ready to head out there with a brand new 7 mil wetsuit I bought, yeah its bulky but its normally about 400 dollars and I got it for 100 so I can't complain

Good sir, i think you and your 7 mil have forgotten it's September....

Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    Well, Gabrielle got itself back together, looks like the northeast/mid Atlantic is Gunna get some decent waist to chest high clean swell for about 3 days straight. Ready to head out there with a brand new 7 mil wetsuit I bought, yeah its bulky but its normally about 400 dollars and I got it for 100 so I can't complain
    Dude that is actually incredibly dangerous. I hope you are joking. The water and air is WAY too warm for 7mm. You could very quickly overheat and die in the water.

The water temperature is in the mid-high 60's and the air temperature is going to be between 70-90 degrees over the next 4 days. Don't be crazy! You can very easily get away with board shorts.

I really hope you are joking. 7mm is overkill in the middle of winter. It is deadly at this time of year.

Wait, I'm starting to think you are a troll. You are the same person that was complaining about having to drive 30+ minutes to get to the beach on an island, as if an island that large has never yet been discovered.
    Also, in one post you said "we need another Hurricane Bill". If you have been surfing long enough to remember Hurricane Bill, you know damn well 7mm will kill you.
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Sep 10, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Dude that is actually incredibly dangerous. I hope you are joking. The water and air is WAY too warm for 7mm. You could very quickly overheat and die in the water.

The water temperature is in the mid-high 60's and the air temperature is going to be between 70-90 degrees over the next 4 days. Don't be crazy! You can very easily get away with board shorts.

I really hope you are joking. 7mm is overkill in the middle of winter. It is deadly at this time of year.

Wait, I'm starting to think you are a troll. You are the same person that was complaining about having to drive 30+ minutes to get to the beach on an island, as if an island that large has never yet been discovered.
    And is the same person who has the two piece wetsuit that's like 20 years old, lookin like Scuba Steve and sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Dyldo View Post
    Good sir, i think you and your 7 mil have forgotten it's September....
    I don't think it matters anymore. While I was out this morning I saw not one, but two people with fullsuits on in Virginia Beach. Water temperature ~76F.

He is in Martha's vineyard. kinda chilly up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I don't think it matters anymore. While I was out this morning I saw not one, but two people with fullsuits on in Virginia Beach. Water temperature ~76F.
    It was probably a chilly morning, i've done that plenty of times here in late August/early September. Jersey gets mornings that are around 60 degrees or a little colder this time of year sometimes and i normally breakout the 3/2 just the keep my junk from shrinking to the point of disappearance

Quote Originally Posted by Dyldo View Post
    It was probably a chilly morning, i've done that plenty of times here in late August/early September. Jersey gets mornings that are around 60 degrees or a little colder this time of year sometimes and i normally breakout the 3/2 just the keep my junk from shrinking to the point of disappearance
    No it really wasn't. I surfed in trunks and it was over 70F air temperature at 7AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waytooold View Post
    He is in Martha's vineyard. kinda chilly up there.
    Most mornings it's like 50 degress or less, and the evenings get cold as well, i know somebody that used that exact suit in 65 degree water and all they did was pull open the neck seal to allow cool water to enter the suit. Its actually a Bare Elastek, 7 mil all around, but surprisingly stretchy, its 100% super stretch. Couldn't pass up the deal and needed a wetsuit that wasn't manufactured in the 80's for some fall/winter surfing.

toasty supposed to be 50 degrees early Saturday with offshores! brrrr