LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by waytooold View Post
    He is in Martha's vineyard. kinda chilly up there.
    A little, but not as bad as you'd think. I was still planning to rock the unsealed 3/2. There shouldn't be too much sitting on the board waiting around this weekend...all the action helps you stay warm. I'd rather be a tad chilly than hot.

Well considering 99% of the wetsuit guides show 6/5 or 6/5/4 working all the way down to like 39 to 42 degrees I think you are going to look like a kook but hey you paid $100 for it why not sweat your @ss off right? 7mil is crazy thick even for late fall up north. Forget about the suit and just wear trunks and a 1mil top.

apparently ,lots of folks seem to enjoy the restriction a wetsuit offers these days, when one is not needed. This guy is obviously yanking chains here,ive never used more than a 5 mil in the coldest new jersey winters

You can get a good wetsuit top for $75...

Quote Originally Posted by numbone View Post
    apparently ,lots of folks seem to enjoy the restriction a wetsuit offers these days, when one is not needed. This guy is obviously yanking chains here,ive never used more than a 5 mil in the coldest new jersey winters
    Well I'm a bit further up north, and honestly a 7 mil isn't needed but everyone needs to calm their balls, I can adjust the temp. Of the suit by letting in cool water, ain't a big deal

I'm speechless

Nobody even cares that there's going to be decent size surf from Gabrielle either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    Well I'm a bit further up north, and honestly a 7 mil isn't needed but everyone needs to calm their balls, I can adjust the temp. Of the suit by letting in cool water, ain't a big deal
    Probably the biggest kook comment on here in years! Why have the paddling resistance when you don't need the warmth?

Nobody even cares that there's going to be decent size surf from Gabrielle either.
    No, the absurdity of you wearing a 7mil wetsuit in mid September has overshadowed the swell.

Well, Gabrielle got itself back together, looks like the northeast/mid Atlantic is Gunna get some decent waist to chest high clean swell for about 3 days straight. Ready to head out there with a brand new 7 mil wetsuit I bought, yeah its bulky but its normally about 400 dollars and I got it for 100 so I can't complain
    Wearing a 7mil suit this weekend would be like using a shot gun to kill a mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    No it really wasn't. I surfed in trunks and it was over 70F air temperature at 7AM.
    Hmmm i really don't know. i guess temp really effects some more than others. That sounds like a trunks day to me in VA beach. And again, this guys wearing a 7 mil in September.....