LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    483
    Images
    3
    You could use a shotgun to kill the mosquitos down here in Texas. Ill be in boardshorts this weekend, we still have 80 degree water.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Marthas Vineyard
    Posts
    113
    Water is only going to be 62-64 degrees at the beach I surf at, its still unnecessary to have a 7 mil but I just wanted to test it out, you guys can all stop ranting on my thread, theres going to be some decent swell from Gabrielle, waste to chest high with occasional shoulder sets probably for the next few days, and the day I'm planning to surf is going to be a bit chilly, so there's no issue here.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ocean Pines, MD
    Posts
    56
    I've been wearing my 10 mil all summer long so people know I'm not a kook.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    Water is only going to be 62-64 degrees at the beach I surf at, its still unnecessary to have a 7 mil but I just wanted to test it out, you guys can all stop ranting on my thread, theres going to be some decent swell from Gabrielle, waste to chest high with occasional shoulder sets probably for the next few days, and the day I'm planning to surf is going to be a bit chilly, so there's no issue here.
    Please let us know how it goes with the 7mil suit... Like specifically how many waves you actually able to paddle enough to catch and how much time you spent trying to get perfectly comfortable water down to your sweaty balls.
    I'll be in board shorts and a rash guard.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Marthas Vineyard
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggin View Post
    Please let us know how it goes with the 7mil suit... Like specifically how many waves you actually able to paddle enough to catch and how much time you spent trying to get perfectly comfortable water down to your sweaty balls.
    I'll be in board shorts and a rash guard.
    You wouldn't be in board shorts at the beach I surf at in the morning, or afternoon. A 3/2 would be solid for these water temps up here, but as I said I'm just testing it out for a winter suit, who knows if my balls are extremely sweaty and I'm suffocating ill just take it off and throw on a shorty

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    You wouldn't be in board shorts at the beach I surf at in the morning, or afternoon. A 3/2 would be solid for these water temps up here, but as I said I'm just testing it out for a winter suit, who knows if my balls are extremely sweaty and I'm suffocating ill just take it off and throw on a shorty
    Ill be in Maine wearing a 3/2 and maybe.. maybe boots. In the dead of a New England winter I wont go past a 6mill. You dont test something out in conditions that wont give you any reference point.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Ill be in Maine wearing a 3/2 and maybe.. maybe boots. In the dead of a New England winter I wont go past a 6mill. You dont test something out in conditions that wont give you any reference point.
    Mvsurfer, this is just too good to stop now. I'm really sorry it's at your expense. Anyway, I'd probably save the test run for less awesome conditions. I'd want to be perfectly comfortable this weekend when we see the best waves since May (how's that for a jinx?).

    Kookie, didn't know you were a fellow Mainiac. You must be a really nice person.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,359
    Images
    6
    You Maniacs are great. Mvsurfer just take it with a grain of salt, I'm really surprised things stayed this mild, it could've been a lot worse. And for further informational reading, search for the thread where the origins of the phrase "grain of salt" come from, it'll be an interesting read and keep you bust till the waves come.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    You wouldn't be in board shorts at the beach I surf at in the morning, or afternoon. A 3/2 would be solid for these water temps up here, but as I said I'm just testing it out for a winter suit, who knows if my balls are extremely sweaty and I'm suffocating ill just take it off and throw on a shorty
    Nothing like a pair of Sweaty Balls to start your day....hahaha!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    121
    im wearing boardshorts where everyone else is rocking 3/2's and 4/3's in Jersey. Suck it up ***** tits.