LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jaco/Hermosa best surf spots

Yo,

So where are the best surf spots in Jaco/Hermosa? I'm driving down from Tamarindo this weekend. Does it break good all along Jaco beach? Is north or south Hermosa best for waves?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

dont get eaten by crocodiles

but it's so much more rewarding to figure it out for yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    but it's so much more rewarding to figure it out for yourself...
    and so easy considering its maybe a 3 mile stretch of coast with a road running along it.

Meh, you guys are a huge help. Heard that stretch closes out all the time, just figured i'd ask ****bags

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    and so easy considering its maybe a 3 mile stretch of coast with a road running along it.
    well, i was trying not to state the blindingly obvious. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomRider View Post
    Meh, you guys are a huge help. Heard that stretch closes out all the time, just figured i'd ask ****bags
    costa rica isn't exactly a remote frontier. i find it hard to believe that you couldn't have dug up this information yourself w/ a little bit of research & effort (& i do mean a LITTLE BIT). but instead, you tried to take the easy/lazy way out, hoping to get the info you sought handed to you on a platter. then get pissy when people called you on it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomRider View Post
    Have you considered looking through past threads about where to go? Just search any of your locations and you'll probably find a bunch of threads started by unimaginative, spoon fed whiners like yourself.

No offense to prior posters. It just seems this guys is a b!t<h.

They're just jealous.

Stayed at the Best Western in Jaco last april. It's a hundred yards or so from the north end of the beach. There was a pretty good break right out front. Lots of chest high closeouts were coming through all week but there was a deep spot in that area with plenty of nice shoulders to be found. There seemed to be a lot more surf activity at the south end of the beach but other than a bunch of surf schools I didn't see any reason other than habit for the lineup to be more crowded down there.

With that being said, get on it early. Trade winds started blowing like clockwork 10-10:30 leaving closeout mushburgers for the rest of the day.

Can't help with Hermosa.

If you can get Imperial to chime in he has a place in Jaco and has a lot of local info.

P.S. No I didn't get any of this info from a previous thread. If I had it would've been much easier to pick a hotel. Believe me, I read every CR thread I could find before I left. I was on a honeymoon and only had a few hrs. to surf every day. I just got lucky on the hotel location.

skip right by Jaco and go to hermosa. Jaco is a surf town, Hermosa is a surf spot.