Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Capo Beach
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    ^ all those other bands are good but phish is one of the worst bands ive ever heard and have no idea why. not trying to bash your taste in phish but can i get a general consensus on if phish is a good or bad band?
    I know a lot of people who hate Phish. To be honest, I've been of that wagon for a while. Most of those shows were in the late 90's/early 2000's.

    As SS says, they are talented, and I don't think there's any denying that, but if you're not into that style, then you're probably going to hate them.

    SS, if you've never seen PJ, you should do it. Whether you like them or not, they put on a show with a phenomenal amount of energy.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    1,757
    The Dead Milkmen 1987. Probably one of the most fun and funniest shows I ever went to. Forgot all about that show but this morning I woke up singing The Badger Song.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,885
    Images
    6
    I've never seen them, and I have nothing against them I kinda just stopped following them...when I was young though I'd always blast Evenflow before sessions, still love that tune. But I think I'll heed your advice b/c they certainly are legends of our generation, I'd probly be dumb not to go.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Punching Latex Dummys in Barns
    Posts
    4,555
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    I know a lot of people who hate Phish. To be honest, I've been of that wagon for a while. Most of those shows were in the late 90's/early 2000's.

    As SS says, they are talented, and I don't think there's any denying that, but if you're not into that style, then you're probably going to hate them.

    SS, if you've never seen PJ, you should do it. Whether you like them or not, they put on a show with a phenomenal amount of energy.
    i mean phish is kinda like widespread panic, i like them if you havnt herd them check them out.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    ...
    311 before they got lame
    haha so true. They keep coming, but I stopped going. Just sweaty pelvic thrusting and lame-o soft love songs.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    haha so true. They keep coming, but I stopped going. Just sweaty pelvic thrusting and lame-o soft love songs.
    +1 Forgot I saw them once at Janus Landing, I have their 1st three CD's, but after that I stopped buying em.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I've never seen them, and I have nothing against them I kinda just stopped following them...when I was young though I'd always blast Evenflow before sessions, still love that tune. But I think I'll heed your advice b/c they certainly are legends of our generation, I'd probly be dumb not to go.
    Saw them for the second time at the Borgata in 2005, and it was a great show. Played all their good old stuff, and didn't get into any polical or activist stuff. "State of Love and Trust" probably the highlight for me, along with "Rearview Mirror."

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,885
    Images
    6
    Appreciate the feedback fellas.

  9. #89
    Some of the better shows I've been to were Pink Floyd, Beastie Boys, The Avett Brothers, Slayer, Pantera, Fu Manchu, Wu Tang Clan, old school Guns N Roses, Tom Petty, Between the Buried and Me, Black Sabboth, Clutch, Pearl Jam, DOWN, old school Rage against the Machine, Nirvana, Manson, Suffocation, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Skynyrd, The Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop, System of a Down, Meshuggah, Deftones, Radiohead and The Ocean. The one band I'm dying to see live but haven't yet would be Rammstein.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Typical swellinfo d*ckhead
    Posts
    1,240
    Phish a million times but noteably MSG 12/31/95 a few rows back
    Grateful Dead (ratdog, Further)
    WSP
    MMJ
    Burning Spear
    Midnite
    Israel Vibrations
    Toots
    Steve Kimock
    Zero
    Allman Bros (with ****y, not duane...)
    Carlos Santana 50th B day with rusted root
    Pearl Jam
    Bob Dylan
    buddy Guy
    Karl Denson
    McCoy Tyner (doing Giant Steps)
    The English Beat
    Ziggy Marley
    BB King
    neil young (crazy horse and solo)
    Steel Pulse