LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Yankee your so cool dude you do so much cool stuff dude
    But he doesn't build NZSM inspired surfboards Charles Taylor.

Great thread, man you guys who got to experience the 70s/early80s are some lucky mofo's. Of all the stuff I saw listed if I could go back in time for one I'd see Talking Heads Stop Making Sense Tour or the Grateful Dead in their prime. Here's some of mine, in no particular order...Beck(early on), Bad Religion, David Byrne, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Ween, Pennywise...I can't think anymore two days in the ocean has corrected my brain and limited my internet attention span...used to go to see local hardcore bands as a kid, saw Hatebreed come up which was pretty cool, shows used to be crazy, definitely witnessed a couple proper riots.

Man how could I forget, The Dead in 09 and a bunch of Furthur shows(and they hold it down as far as dead tunes go IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey SUP, you sure you didn't miss a few bands on your list? Ha ha
    Yeah actually I forgot Fallen Sickness, Big Wig (twice), The Expendables, The Pie Tasters, Skankin Pickle, Save Ferris, Slapstick, Mephiskapheles, and Skatalites. Forgot bout those hahaha

Oh, and i'm pretty sure I saw NOFX at Janus Landing (now Janus Live) but was too intoxicated to remember any of it, hope it was a good one!
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Sep 16, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

You are a complete tool... Please shut up Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    uh,yeah,if i couldn't grab the guy and have him arrested i guess i'd have to take him out,but,your original post did not give the details,and still,no, i don't get pleasure from inflicting pain.people are hung up on your screen name because you chose it,and most of us probably think of dawn patrol surfing,not sup-ing.i didn't realize the same pumping swell up here in nj would be in central florida where you are at the same time.interesting.i'm not a tough-guy,i don't like hate or violence,but surfing big swell in winter here is kinda tough,and playing basketball and rebounding can be a little rough,and oh,sarcoma and chemotherapy is no picnic,either.i'm just different,with different opinions about hurting others and glorifying it,but yes,if necessary i would defend you and kick ass if you were under attack.i questioned the screenname,and the statements that did not in my opinion include sounds of a musical nature.again,sorry i was cruel or offensive.sincerely.

srv @ el mocambo. ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    it's funny what you remember from some of these shows...the shows were awesome, but what really sticks with me (30+ years later) are the little things: the Goth freaks who sat next to us at Sabbath who just screamed at Ozzy all night...the guy we bought blotter from in the bathroom at the Garden and then hunted down an hour later when it was apparent we'd been ripped off....the soft pretzels that were a staple of any Philly concert, because they were cheap and tasty...the hot dog vendor at the Yes concert JFK Stadium ("don't be a meanie, buy your friend a weenie")...the bowl of hash that somebody handed me at a Spectrum show that was soooo tasty etc etc.

at especially at those big stadium shows, where if you weren't right up front, the memories of the actual songs were dim. i can recall what song some of these bands opened with, can recall some of the encores, but in between was a blur. of course, i was generally pretty ripped on whatever and this was back in the day where people lit up and just passed it on down the row. no regrets, but i probably would have remembered more if of the actual music if i'd stayed straight.
    Hanna speaketh the truth. His are great tales from the real side.

I recall a giant pig floating around MSG when Pink Floyd came through, the glowing eyes on that thing.
    My buddy Frankie Boom-Boom was passed out and prone behind the seats after heaving his guts out all over the open-toed shoes of several chicas from Long Island....Boom-Boom missed the entire concert.
    We were going to live forever.....Great times!
    Last edited by yankee; Sep 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    But he doesn't build NZSM inspired surfboards Charles Taylor.

Great thread, man you guys who got to experience the 70s/early80s are some lucky mofo's. Of all the stuff I saw listed if I could go back in time for one I'd see Talking Heads Stop Making Sense Tour or the Grateful Dead in their prime. Here's some of mine, in no particular order...Beck(early on), Bad Religion, David Byrne, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Ween, Pennywise...I can't think anymore two days in the ocean has corrected my brain and limited my internet attention span...used to go to see local hardcore bands as a kid, saw Hatebreed come up which was pretty cool, shows used to be crazy, definitely witnessed a couple proper riots.

Man how could I forget, The Dead in 09 and a bunch of Furthur shows(and they hold it down as far as dead tunes go IMO).
    If I were building those boards, Seen, I'd let only one surfer buoy even attempt to ride 'em. You know who that pirate is.
    The one & onliest shredmachine, oh yeah.

As for the other sea-going plywood $500,000 planks, we'd burn 'em on the beach, while toasting our good fortune, happy to be alive, hoisting a few tankards of grog & listening/laughing to chucky taylor pipe out a few of his nursery rhymes as his hero the gnome had his way with chucky buoy back in the dunes.
    Whooo-hah!

Ya got a good list, Seen, never saw the Dead but wish I had.
    Good on ya, bruddah, that ya got waves this wknd - - finally !

phish in hampton like 13 times... (their favorite venue, at a recent show there were something like 600 felony drug arrests)

Modest Mouse at the Norva was pretty awesome

Ben Harper and Jack Johnson, Best night ever.

U2 with Louie Austin in the lawn of an Austrian castle on New year's eve 2008

Lots of great punk from the days of the boathouse... pennywise, blackflag, Social D, etc

Haven't seen much lately though, they all go past my bedtime these days

Ha, oh yeah, saw citizen cope come (this close) to ODing back stage at the norva and saw 4 security guards giving him smelling salts and pouring cold water on him not 20 minutes before the show started. Concert was awful.
    Last edited by leethestud; Sep 17, 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Ben Harper and Jack Johnson, Best night ever.
    Yeah that sounds like a good one you got to attend, that's as chill as it gets right there

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a good one you got to attend, that's as chill as it gets right there
    you are a blatant metro-sexual. do you sing along to jackoff johnson at the nail salon?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    you are a blatant metro-sexual. do you sing along to jackoff johnson at the nail salon?
    Following me around now are you? One little white van joke and you're off and running. You're like a wind up doll, just pull the string and watch you go.