LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Too many to remember but here's a few:
    Phish (30+ times)
    Pearl Jam a dozen or so times but the best was the show to close the Spectrum.
    Eddie Vedder solo 2x
    Ben Harper a few times - most recently solo at Carnegie Hall which was awesome
    Ziggy Marley a few times
    STP
    Rage
    Furthur
    Dylan 3x
    Dave Matthews twice - both sucked
    Ratdog
    Korn before they were big
    311 before they got lame
    Allman Bros post Duane
    A couple of Lollapaloozas in the mid/late 90s. One headlines by Sonic Youth but Beck and Cypress Hill were better
    Les Paul at the Iridium just before he died
    U2 3x (Yankee Stadium 1992, Meadowlands 2011, MSG 2005)
    Primus
    Derek Trucks
    BB King
    The first Bonaroo

There are more, but I can't remember them right now.

Images
    ^ all those other bands are good but phish is one of the worst bands ive ever heard and have no idea why. not trying to bash your taste in phish but can i get a general consensus on if phish is a good or bad band?

Images
    My buddy's got an extra ticket for Pearl Jam, they're coming to CT in Oct I think...debating going. It's a friday night and I don't wanna be all tired if there's waves that weekend.

***sandblasters I hear ya on Phish, nothing against them they just don't do much for me. I think it's consensus they're all talented musicians though.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    ^ all those other bands are good but phish is one of the worst bands ive ever heard and have no idea why. not trying to bash your taste in phish but can i get a general consensus on if phish is a good or bad band?
    I know a lot of people who hate Phish. To be honest, I've been of that wagon for a while. Most of those shows were in the late 90's/early 2000's.

As SS says, they are talented, and I don't think there's any denying that, but if you're not into that style, then you're probably going to hate them.

SS, if you've never seen PJ, you should do it. Whether you like them or not, they put on a show with a phenomenal amount of energy.

The Dead Milkmen 1987. Probably one of the most fun and funniest shows I ever went to. Forgot all about that show but this morning I woke up singing The Badger Song.

Images
    I've never seen them, and I have nothing against them I kinda just stopped following them...when I was young though I'd always blast Evenflow before sessions, still love that tune. But I think I'll heed your advice b/c they certainly are legends of our generation, I'd probly be dumb not to go.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    I know a lot of people who hate Phish. To be honest, I've been of that wagon for a while. Most of those shows were in the late 90's/early 2000's.

As SS says, they are talented, and I don't think there's any denying that, but if you're not into that style, then you're probably going to hate them.

SS, if you've never seen PJ, you should do it. Whether you like them or not, they put on a show with a phenomenal amount of energy.
    i mean phish is kinda like widespread panic, i like them if you havnt herd them check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    311 before they got lame
    haha so true. They keep coming, but I stopped going. Just sweaty pelvic thrusting and lame-o soft love songs.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    haha so true. They keep coming, but I stopped going. Just sweaty pelvic thrusting and lame-o soft love songs.
    +1 Forgot I saw them once at Janus Landing, I have their 1st three CD's, but after that I stopped buying em.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I've never seen them, and I have nothing against them I kinda just stopped following them...when I was young though I'd always blast Evenflow before sessions, still love that tune. But I think I'll heed your advice b/c they certainly are legends of our generation, I'd probly be dumb not to go.
    Saw them for the second time at the Borgata in 2005, and it was a great show. Played all their good old stuff, and didn't get into any polical or activist stuff. "State of Love and Trust" probably the highlight for me, along with "Rearview Mirror."