LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Grab a diesel van or truck with a cap and convert it to bio-diesel. A buddy of mine and his friend did this and traveled down the East coast to Florida, then west across Route 10 to California, and then south into Mexico. They built bunks in the bed of the truck for four of them. They had one 55 gallon drum connected to the fuel line and a second to filter oil that they were able to collect. It sounds like it was a pain to be stopping at fast food joints left and right asking for their oil and getting rejected. But the cool thing is enough of them said yes that they never had to buy fuel! I probably wouldn't go this route b/c I'm not very mechanically inclined but I think the kits only cost $1,000, so if you're on a tight budget it could be worth it. Just my $0.02.

Images
    When I lived with Ocean0 in Thousand Oaks, CA we used to drive a van to Oxnard and surf the Strand. Sometimes we'd park on Camarillo Ave for days. Between NW swells we would venture through the La Colonia neighborhood and hang out. Well, we did until Ocean0 started wearing Cowboy jerseys and started wearing a kind of pantyhose/stocking thing on his head. Then he started saying things like, "Cliques barrio, from La Colonia to Scanlon...." And then I knew it was time for us to go.

Sometimes we would head over the hills to Leo Carillo. They got, like, this big rock there. But they have lots to park the van in. Ocean0 was always speaking of finding Sam George and having a surf-off with him. We never did find him, but Ocean0 claims to have surfed-off with Lonnie Brothers down south quite a few times. He never did tell me who won. We watched Todd Martin rob two old ladies one afternoon.

Ahh, what days they were. Aleeda and Peak wetuits and Ocean0 always reading Breakout and listening to Oingo Boingo.......

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    When I lived with Ocean0 in Thousand Oaks, CA we used to drive a van to Oxnard and surf the Strand. Sometimes we'd park on Camarillo Ave for days. Between NW swells we would venture through the La Colonia neighborhood and hang out. Well, we did until Ocean0 started wearing Cowboy jerseys and started wearing a kind of pantyhose/stocking thing on his head. Then he started saying things like, "Cliques barrio, from La Colonia to Scanlon...." And then I knew it was time for us to go.

Sometimes we would head over the hills to Leo Carillo. They got, like, this big rock there. But they have lots to park the van in. Ocean0 was always speaking of finding Sam George and having a surf-off with him. We never did find him, but Ocean0 claims to have surfed-off with Lonnie Brothers down south quite a few times. He never did tell me who won. We watched Todd Martin rob two old ladies one afternoon.

Ahh, what days they were. Aleeda and Peak wetuits and Ocean0 always reading Breakout and listening to Oingo Boingo.......
    you always remember it wrong PJB. it wasn't our van we'd drive to Oxnard. it was yankee/rcater's van he had to live live in when his parents kicked him out after the sex change. ahh those were the days! cruising with the coast blasting Goy George. was good ride till he/she got caught up in that prostitution sting on sunset blvd.

better then my sam george surf-off was the time you fought richie collins and broke his oakely blades in Newport. remember that? he was mad at you for saying a mean thing to Rob Machado or something. the smile on your face as he pulled your red Irish mullet and straddled you with his crotch in your face slapping you repeatedly with his webbed gloves was priceless. im still bummed you got scared and moved away. you shouldn't have called the cops and threatened to sue him.

please come back PJB. Surfer Mag is looking for a new editor. no Aids or drug test to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    you always remember it wrong PJB. it wasn't our van we'd drive to Oxnard. it was yankee/rcater's van he had to live live in when his parents kicked him out after the sex change. ahh those were the days! cruising with the coast blasting Goy George. was good ride till he/she got caught up in that prostitution sting on sunset blvd.

better then my sam george surf-off was the time you fought richie collins and broke his oakely blades in Newport. remember that? he was mad at you for saying a mean thing to Rob Machado or something. the smile on your face as he pulled your red Irish mullet and straddled you with his crotch in your face slapping you repeatedly with his webbed gloves was priceless. im still bummed you got scared and moved away. you shouldn't have called the cops and threatened to sue him.

please come back PJB. Surfer Mag is looking for a new editor. no Aids or drug test to apply.
    I think it's a bit odd that you, ocean-go-go, include me in so many of your posts, especially the posts where you're mixing up your goofy memories along with your metaphors. Perhaps your obsession with me s/b taken as a compliment, so that's where I'll leave the latest broadside from you.

On the other hand ... yikes, you might just be the snaggle-toothed cracker from 'Deliverance' whose favorite line was "you got a purdy mouth, boy." Billy-boy, watch out son.
    Last edited by yankee; Sep 16, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I think it's a bit odd that you, ocean-go-go, include me in so many of your posts, especially the posts where you're mixing up your goofy memories along with your metaphors. Perhaps your obsession with me s/b taken as a compliment, so that's where I'll leave the latest broadside from you.

On the other hand ... yikes, you might just be the snaggle-toothed cracker from 'Deliverance' whose favorite line was "you got a purdy mouth, boy." Billy-boy, watch out son.
    mmmm yes, yes......post a pic of your prudy mouth.....

Images
    Wow I haven't thought/fought of Richie Collins for a long time. I never really liked that guy or his dad. I'm still nervous aboot web gloves to this day. TFL Power Gloves !! Oh, hells yeah. Crew cuts and floaters and neon Oakley Blades. Ahhh what an era.......what an era.........

Well, Richie had some money back then and I figured I'd be American and litigous..........

I'm looking for a driver so I can go hunt down David Eggers. Cadbury don't go out of county on account of Sherriff Little in Chickasaw County. Plus, he's on parole for them moonshine convictions. I hear Mr. Eggars is, like, out in the Californian desert these days. I want to get him bent on revenge - to go after those he claimed sabotaged his career. All those Bodyglove teammates of his. How dare them make David take the last shower at their sponsors North Shore team house.........

And..........all of the youngins sit and say, " What in the F are these two clowns talking aboot...."

Well another day in America.........another mass shooting. Be careful out there.......

Wow I haven't thought/fought of Richie Collins for a long time. I never really liked that guy or his dad. I'm still nervous aboot web gloves to this day. TFL Power Gloves !! Oh, hells yeah. Crew cuts and floaters and neon Oakley Blades. Ahhh what an era.......what an era.........

Well, Richie had some money back then and I figured I'd be American and litigous..........

I'm looking for a driver so I can go hunt down David Eggers. Cadbury don't go out of county on account of Sherriff Little in Chickasaw County. Plus, he's on parole for them moonshine convictions. I hear Mr. Eggars is, like, out in the Californian desert these days. I want to get him bent on revenge - to go after those he claimed sabotaged his career. All those Bodyglove teammates of his. How dare them make David take the last shower at their sponsors North Shore team house.........

And..........all of the youngins sit and say, " What in the F are these two clowns talking aboot...."

Well another day in America.........another mass shooting. Be careful out there.......
    Dave Eggers lives with Mike Purpus in a purple van. Mike was a bit older then Dave as you know. wonder why Dvae always called him coach?

I'm still nervous aboot web gloves to this day.
    Funny you mention these, just the other day I saw a dude with these on. It was knee to thigh high and this older guy probably 45-50ish w/longboard couldn't catch a wave to save his life and wore cat woman gloves like ole Steve83. He had a buddy who was much better at catching waves then he was. Dude told his buddy, "you really should get a pair of these, they're a big help". Reply "Nah i'm good, don't think I need em, but thanks", catches a wave....

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Funny you mention these, just the other day I saw a dude with these on. It was knee to thigh high and this older guy probably 45-50ish w/longboard couldn't catch a wave to save his life and wore cat woman gloves like ole Steve83. He had a buddy who was much better at catching waves then he was. Dude told his buddy, "you really should get a pair of these, they're a big help". Reply "Nah i'm good, don't think I need em, but thanks", catches a wave....
    i always this exact same conversation all the time. except it's about SUP's.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    i always this exact same conversation all the time. except it's about SUP's.
    You should start with English / typing lessons before you clown anybody, for any reason.