LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What kind of adhesive can I use to reattach a traction pad?

I bought a new WRV nugget this weekend and like a dummy I didn't wait nearly long enough for the adhesive to bond with the deck and as a result the tail blocks are peeling away. What can I use to reattach it, or would I be better off buying a new pad? I've tried marine epoxy, super glue, semen, quikrete, and molasses already, to no success.

Images
    if you have already tried a molasses and semen mixture i cant help you my friend. have you tried ***** juice from a prostitute it has been said that is the stick with a grip.

3M Hi Strength 90 Spray Adhesive. After you've cleaned both surfaces with Goo Gone.

Gorilla Glue......

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by still stoked View Post
    3M Hi Strength 90 Spray Adhesive. After you've cleaned both surfaces with Goo Gone.
    I appreciate this info, but is it legit? There are so many people on this website that would happily give me advice that would definitely ruin my board.

In this particular instance I'm not yanking your chain. I've done it successfully. Make sure you have enough pressure on the pad. Also read the instructions.

You blew it dude, just go and buy a new one

Images
    Super glue works best- if in doubt - I would ask GRUVI - he should know

Try the 3m supper 77 or 90 spray after cleaned properly. It was designed for automotive industry for adhering trim and door molding. I use both daily in boot fitting. Waterproof and long lasting. The only way I can get it to release after used is a thermostat controlled heat gun. JUSt Clean both surfaces Extreemly Well Before Applying. Good luck. 1 can about ten bucks. New pad 30ish n up. Oh by the way read both labels first! one or the other may or may not react with board material depending on boards build.

Are you using cheap super glue or the real thing, super glue from the dollar store never works. Unless you really like the existing trac pad, get a new pad, if you use any adhesive that WILL stick...it will never come off.