LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharks Spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Oh and what is with you longboarders who paddle out fourty yards past the line-up and just sit there waiting........waiting for what I have no idea. Ummmm, you ain't cathing anything out there, Skippy, no matter how long your board is.
    I blame the internet for this. "Catch the wave early and glide in, you'll be safe and steal all the waves, high-five a dolphin, you Waterman" Say this with a British accent, since 90% of all online surf instruction seems to come from the UK.

In my worthless experience: on a longboard I can get a pick a wave up really early on point breaks. Beach breaks (most of NJ) don't have the same slow build up, at least they aren't steep enough to get moving that much earlier. Maybe you can sneak out 15 ft further than the shortboarders, but not 10 yards....

On a more serious note, I was surfing Rockaway Beach in NY yesterday morning, and to all 7 of us in the lineups surprise, an enormous humpback whale began jumping out of the water about 200-300 yards away from us. First time I've ever seen anything like that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    On a more serious note, I was surfing Rockaway Beach in NY yesterday morning, and to all 7 of us in the lineups surprise, an enormous humpback whale began jumping out of the water about 200-300 yards away from us. First time I've ever seen anything like that.
    On a more serious note.......

Dude, seeing a whale is killer, but it is not more serious than novices flooding the best spots.

Oh and Bassplayer, I'm not exaggerating I constantly see loggers paddle anywhere from twenty to forty yards past the line-up......and sit there. Some realize that they are wayyyyy too far out, some don't. And yeah these damn beachbreaks really don't allow loggers to sit too far outside the pack......usually. I guess that's a plus.

Oh and another thing, young frothers who surf good. Dudes, I know you're younger and excitable, but man chill out on the 2 foot days will you. It's not really worth being all amped and engaging in paddle-battles. I let disrespectful paddle-bys go on BS days but I don't on good days.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    On a more serious note.......

Dude, seeing a whale is killer, but it is not more serious than novices flooding the best spots.

Oh and Bassplayer, I'm not exaggerating I constantly see loggers paddle anywhere from twenty to forty yards past the line-up......and sit there. Some realize that they are wayyyyy too far out, some don't. And yeah these damn beachbreaks really don't allow loggers to sit too far outside the pack......usually. I guess that's a plus.

Oh and another thing, young frothers who surf good. Dudes, I know you're younger and excitable, but man chill out on the 2 foot days will you. It's not really worth being all amped and engaging in paddle-battles. I let disrespectful paddle-bys go on BS days but I don't on good days.
    I tried a new method the other day to help keep kooks and scumbags out of my general vicinity. This only works while the water is still warm enough for no wetsuit though, so better jump on it quick:

step 1: Drink tons of coffee or beer before entering the water.

step 2: Paddle out naked (this is optional, but typically will clear a 20 foot radius around you, unless you are a female. If you are a female it is not advised to paddle out naked if you are looking for space)

step 3: When you have to drain the main vein from that tank full of coffee and beer, lay on your back on the board, so your privates are up and out of the water, and begin spinning your little serpent around in circles, effectively spraying everyone in a 10 foot radius of you, and scaring anyone that is still within a 20 foot radius of you well off into the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Sharks in the Atlantic somewhere a couple days ago. Fish and wildlife like birds have also been seen.
    Also spotted by humans - http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...WS11/130919812

Images
    So I guess I gotta agree- seems like the summer pros left, but now we are suck with something new- the autumn pros?!? Idk... Where is the cold??
    Likewise I was out the other day... Small waves I mean tiny 2fters and everyone is going crazy over them.... I don't get it... I really don't get it... Plus we had all the beginners On the inside and all- well you know how it goes... Just like summer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    So I guess I gotta agree- seems like the summer pros left, but now we are suck with something new- the autumn pros?!? Idk... Where is the cold??
    Likewise I was out the other day... Small waves I mean tiny 2fters and everyone is going crazy over them.... I don't get it... I really don't get it... Plus we had all the beginners On the inside and all- well you know how it goes... Just like summer
    whats next winter times pros , then year round pros?

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    whats next winter times pros , then year round pros?
    Whale watchin pros

Images
    The leap year pro

Pshh here come to October pros. Trik or treet dbags