LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Forecasters are stoned on something or is it "too much" automation of the forecast

    Tomorrow's forecast for Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA (for Monday September 16, 2013)

    Surf

    Waist to stomach high SSE extra long period swell for the morning with occasional chest high sets. This drops in the afternoon with occasional 3 to 4 times overhead high sets.
    Conditions

    Clean in the early morning with WSW winds 5-10mph.

    Jesus, if there were really true, I'd be jumping up and down! What happened Swellinfo.com?

    Christ, I'd quit life itself if it was that big on the drop in height?

    What's going on with the Hurley Pro Trestles but hey, there might be some Humberto lines tomorrow - so don't plan on going to work or to school until you check the waves in the AM!

    Yo dudes, I don't smoke anything but I don't blame you - I would probably resort to something in my pipe if I had to watch the ocean every day - so do what you need to do, ok?

    But if someone near Cape Cod has a boat, please go out today and see if there any long-period swells. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ya the forecasting on this site is wrong more than its correct. You have to cross reference with the NWS and other sites, but we are at the mercy of these gapes because there isn't many detailed surf forecast for the east. Well then you add in the whole Advertisement factor and you realize whats really going on here. That's why I'm looking at a petsmart ad right now?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    63
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by mop View Post
    Ya the forecasting on this site is wrong more than its correct. You have to cross reference with the NWS and other sites, but we are at the mercy of these gapes because there isn't many detailed surf forecast for the east. Well then you add in the whole Advertisement factor and you realize whats really going on here. That's why I'm looking at a petsmart ad right now?
    Its right for me about 90% of the time when the forecast is 48 hours away or less.

  4. #4
    Love swell info,,,,pretty spot on here in jersey,,,,,keep it going!!!! Shine on!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    2,976
    called it perfect where I was. let me guess Mop, you like magicseaweed...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    its a programming bug. The swell goes to 0ft @ 0sec, and this is created a programming problem, instead of saying flat, it showed the max surf height. I"ll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Sep 15, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    its a programming bug. The swell goes to 0ft @ 0sec, and this is created a programming problem, instead of saying flat, it showed the max surf height. I"ll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    I'm just kidding about it - I'm not worried about the forecast - I just thought it was funny that it was going to drop to 3 - 4 times overhead, that's all. I'm not dissatisfied with the forecasts - they are perfectly fine - I enjoy them - keep up the good work!
    If someone makes a mistake and you know it's a mistake, it doesn't bother you.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    its a programming bug. The swell goes to 0ft @ 0sec, and this is created a programming problem, instead of saying flat, it showed the max surf height. I"ll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Hey Administrator, Keep up the good work. This sight is always my first go to. I love the layout of the site, and the fact that, for those flat times that there's an open forum for all sorts of random things. I might need to go somewhere else to confirm certain things or reinforce the accuracy of your report, mainly a walk to the beach to put my own eyes on things, but you're keeping it real by keeping it free, so thanks a million.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    Tomorrow's forecast for Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA (for Monday September 16, 2013)

    Surf

    Waist to stomach high SSE extra long period swell for the morning with occasional chest high sets. This drops in the afternoon with occasional 3 to 4 times overhead high sets.
    Conditions

    Clean in the early morning with WSW winds 5-10mph.

    Jesus, if there were really true, I'd be jumping up and down! What happened Swellinfo.com?

    Christ, I'd quit life itself if it was that big on the drop in height?

    What's going on with the Hurley Pro Trestles but hey, there might be some Humberto lines tomorrow - so don't plan on going to work or to school until you check the waves in the AM!

    Yo dudes, I don't smoke anything but I don't blame you - I would probably resort to something in my pipe if I had to watch the ocean every day - so do what you need to do, ok?

    But if someone near Cape Cod has a boat, please go out today and see if there any long-period swells. Thanks.
    Dude nantasket is the armpit of the coast..I just take the forecast for that place and add 1-2 feet for other local spots

  10. #10

    Nantasket is more than just an armpit

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Dude nantasket is the armpit of the coast..I just take the forecast for that place and add 1-2 feet for other local spots
    Good point. Actually, Nantasket IS officially classified as an armpit, which is a concave surface, hence the waves undergo a concave refraction and jack up higher than normal, unfortunately after the armpit, they then meet with a bicep which is a highly convex surface and they thus undergo a convex refraction and they get smaller again. But I catch the waves so far out that the waves are larger than the other local spots by at least a foot.

    By the way, I would rather have this shoulder:
    AlbumYE.JPG