LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Boarding

Question Body Boarding

Im a new body boarder and I got some hydro fins a couple of months ago and they give my feet awful blisters. I was looking up ways to fix it and still use them and the idea of fin sox came to mind. does any one have any suggestions on what brand or type?

Images
    Warm Windz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

Images
    Has everything

Images
    Any fin sock will do, but that should solve your problem. Gonna be booties time soon enough anyway.

Oh yay that reminds me. do they make booties specially made to wear under fins or do you just wear regular ones?

Images
    Good question, I didn't specify...they're technically not booties, sold as "socks"..you can get up to 5 mil on ebodyboarding or atlanticbb...I also have doubled up w/ 3 mils mid-winter no prob and they have those at NSS or WW.

I feel like if I were to wear those under my fins they would be to tight. should I have gotton bigger fins or should I have sepperate ones for summer and winter

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livesurfish View Post
    should I have sepperate ones for summer and winter
    Bingo. Have a summer and winter pair, with your winter pair being one size up. Ideally you'd want to try them on w/ your booties/socks, but that's not always possible.

I am a size 12.5 / 13 shoe size normally and use Churchill Makapuu "large" size fins -- I just have been training with them by swimming at least once a week all year building up calluses/etc. I do sometimes use 2mm fin socks for padding (kinda like these: http://www.amazon.com/H2Odyssey-Mini...ords=fin+socks) and or a little bit of extra warmth, I was thinking of getting some thicker fin socks for winter (like 5mm or 7mm), but yeah I'm guessing with 7mm I will probably need an XL set of Makapuus

thanks for the imput guys