LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

help! where's the exit! Or How to Deactivate a SwellInfo forum account

People often ask the mods to delete their accounts; but I’ve yet to see that happen. However, if you wish to stop posting on SI, but are like me and have an addictive personality and can’t control yourself around a keyboard, an open bar, set waves and a host of other fun things then here’s an easy way to “delete” your account.

1.Go to your profile page, you can get there by clicking on your name or Click on the Settings link, it’s near the top right as that’s where we are headed.
    2.Once the Settings page loads there will be a left Nav Bar, under the “My Account” section there will be a link titled “Edit Email & Password”. Click on that .
    3.Enter your current password
    4.Edit your current email address. Put in any junk address that is properly formatted, like ChuckYouFarley@iquit.net or YouGuysSuck@IhateThisPlace.com. The software SI uses for the forum doesn’t validate the new email address, unlike when you first signed up. This is so you can’t recover your password. It’s like when you throw a package of cigarettes in the garbage, an hour later you’ll be digging in dirty baby diapers and coffee grounds. This way you flush it down the toilet.
    5.Click the Save Changes button. This takes you back to the Settings page again.
    6.Once again there will be a left Nav Bar, under the “My Account” section there will be a link titled “Edit Email & Password”. Click on that, this time we’re going to put the final nail in the coffin.
    7.Enter your current password
    8.Now, open up a notepad application and type a random string of letters and numbers in it, more than 8 characters and less than 12 (I think those are the site requirements). Copy the string into the New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
    9.Close the notepad instance without saving.
    10.This is it. Click the Save Changes button.
    11.Click the logout button. (You’ll must likely get an error that says, “An error occurred while attempting to log you out. Please click here.” Click here, I mean there, you know what I mean.
    12.After the “All cookies cleared!” page loads click on the "return to site forum" link.
    13.Clear your internet cookies, cache, history and clipboard.

You will no longer be able to login into that nor recover the password. For all intensive porpoises you have deactivated your account. If you choose to take this route, please, in grand old SwellInfo fashion, please write us a good bye letter. Those are the best.

There’s a lot of BS on this site, there’s a lot of cool stuff too. I like it, but it’s not for everyone. It’s all good.

One of my favorite SwellInfo posts:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...994#post144994

And one of my favorite quotes:
    "my sh!t is further down the line cupcake"
    -Atantic0

Right up there with "Kook confetti". That one goes through my mind quite often while surfing in some decent waves and looking at the impact zone after a set comes through.

Images
    This should be stickied at the top of the forum.

Images
    so, is this going to be a goodbye post?

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    so, is this going to be a goodbye post?
    You mad bro? lol

Nah, I ain't goin no where and even if I did, "Roy Stuart" is my troll handle. Also, this wasn't meant for anyone in particular, it was just one of those things I wanted to figure out. Everybody always says "delete my account", I wanted to know if you could without resorting to some "shenanigans".

"Hey what do you call a girl with one leg? Stumped !! " Hheheheh that's turrible
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 18, 2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: you're a funny guy B

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    You mad bro? lol

Nah, I ain't goin no where and even if I did, "Roy Stuart" is my troll handle. Also, this wasn't meant for anyone in particular, it was just one of those things I wanted to figure out. Everybody always says "delete my account", I wanted to know if you could without resorting to some "shenanigans".
    What I want to know is how do we delete someone else's account. That would be much more useful. Either that or maybe we could start voting them off the island of SI. Admin would then rule in favor of the majority and delete the account for the good of all.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    You mad bro? lol

"Hey what do you call a girl with one leg? Stumped !! " Hheheheh that's turrible
    Good to hear you aren't leaving. Long live the Gaffer!

Images
    Bump, for AtanticO.

This is a Public Service Announcement brought to by our sponsor Gaffalicious Inc. ltd. Global.

Definitely sticky material here!

I love a solid good bye post, lemme get my popcorn ready...

Images
    I just want to apologize to my wife, Nancy, for the Jessica Hahn bathtub incident. It was stupid and I'll never do anything like that again. And I love you and I'll never do anything like that again. I'm very sorry and I'm very sincere...please don't make a mockery out of this.

I'm serious and I'm not trying to bring the show down, but I just wanted to apologize........ I'm serious...........Thank you............................................... ........I'm done Howard.