LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

cleaning out the quiver

All,

I have way too many boards and getting rid of some for new one's I have a 6' 2" 1968 hobie quad fin. I'm debating on selling it. I was wondering if something that is 40 years old would be of any value? The board is in excellent shape as I repaired it.

Would the board be worth any good $$ since it's 40 years old?

Should i hold on to it as a souvenir?

Opinions please -- my gut says to keep it. But just wanted to know if it worth any value?

i'll buy it

If you were trying to get some money out of it, you may want to list it/or check for a buyer across the bay. I was approached by a buyer for a board I have. It is from 68 as well. I got the impression that there are a bunch of KooKs with Money to burn who want to be able to show up to the beach with a vintage board in tow,...

I could not stand the thought of selling the board and it going to some Kook just so they could feel good about themselves for having an Old board.

Otherwise, If it really is no big deal to you, maybe you may want to donate it to BigWaveDave..........he has a surf Museum off of route 54, heading out from Fenwick Island. He has some very nice pieces, from days gone by.

gcahsed Guest
    I doubt that the old board is worth much. Like Xgen 70 said, you may be able to find some kook to pay a pretty penny for it.

A buddy of mine has a couple of old vintage boards in his house as decoration. They look pretty sweet as show pieces. If your gut is telling you to keep it, then I'd suggest listening to your intuition. Let it sit in the corner to pay homage to the history of our sport.

good board...

my guess is frisbee dave will give you some money for it. you are crazy though because I know for sure that if its in good condition it is of some good value. i would hold it if you are a surfer. i dont think a kook will buy it unless its what is seen on the cover of a magazine. if you need money that bad, talk to frisbe dave. his collection is brilliant.

Images
    Yeah, I think i'll keep it. definitely don't want it in the wrong hands. I just wanted to know it's value. I guess to some it's very valuable and others it's worthless. I looked at a site can't remember where but I think they were very inexpensive. I'm not hard up for money. I just don't have the space. Now thinking I may just hang it up on the wall and stare at it's beauty.

I'll post a pic of it when i get home.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; May 29, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

build a huge --surfboard room/shed/glassing-repair station-- addition on to your house, that would be sweet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    build a huge --surfboard room/shed/glassing-repair station-- addition on to your house, that would be sweet.
    haha....that's what my place looks like already. jugs of resin, q-cell..and cloth everywhere in the house...even the bathroom. Dunno even how a bottle of resin ended up under my sink?

But yeah that's something i would like to accomplish one day....a nice board room.

Images
    Not the best pics but you get the point

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    that board looks pretty cool. id keep it.