LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Well, if I made your day how aboot Fed Ex'ing me some weed? Don't use your real name and address that to:

Paddington Jetty Bear
    222 Avenues de los Mexicanos
    Culver City, CA 90185

Thanks. And you Florida guys have a nice day. Hey, you guys got any bubs down there today? It's like 3-4......maybe a touch bigger......grassy up here in the Garbage State(that's for you Da Mook).
    the nsa got me boy-os

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Last night was a nice way to spend a mid-September evening.........THE MOON, man......a slight chill in the air, and the incoming tide really focused the swell in on my gosh darn sandbar.

For the record, as PJB's Jersey southland has to compete with SUP's Florida......it's 2-3' with a larger, block-long groundswell set coming in every 10-15 minutes....Not chunky though....

If you didn't catch it yesterday....oh well, you're a day late and 4 dollars short. Maybe even 5 dollars short. From what the North Jersey guys say on here, it sounds as if North Jersey is in ruins. Well, you had it good last winter and this whole game is cyclical. Now you pay.

Though y'all should just pack the boards away until next summer. That's what I would do if I was youse guys. Man, it's getting cold out there....brrrrrrrrr. The water's like 64 and the air has been dropping into the upper 40's........brrrrrrrrr. Yeah, next June sounds good.

Koki, Cadbury doesn't have a choice. Plus, Cadbury has a severe gambling addiction.

I like Koki, he has good taste, and he knows what he's talking aboot. All y'all should strive to be more like Koki.
    north jersey got hit with beach replenishment,thats the problem.some beaches are starting to form back together but most aren't.its like hurricane sandy created some kind of sandbank that resembled an indo reef,but got buried thanks to the acoe.down south is still good,but too far for my travels.once a big noreaster rips through and washes away the millions of dollars of replenished beaches,everything should be back to normal.until then.........gta5

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    PB&J speaks truth. Listen to that sage when he says to drive by the break to see the real report...
    Absolutely. And to take it one step further .. sometimes you need to just get in the water.

Case and point: I was walking by a fellow surfer this morning who was walking back to the parking lot with his dog. I asked him, "How is it?" He said, "It's small" and then noting the 9' SUP I was toting, "It's your kind of day." He apparently had no intention of getting in, at least at that juncture. To which I smiled and kept walking to the beach.

I paddle out and it is clean and waist+, maybe chest. I guess it didn't look that big from the shore?? And eventually the line up is filled w/ guys on all sorts of craft, SUPs, LBs, SBs, all scoring. I was a good fun sesh.

So sometimes you just need to get wet. You never know unless you go.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Sep 20, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

Images
    Always looks smaller when you're on shore then magically gets bigger once you get in... aways happens. ALYWAYS

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    went out today around 12 and it was guhhhhreat!
    Dam Neck (VB) by the Shifting Sands parking lot this afternoon (4-6PM) was busy as I've ever seen it. Mostly longboards, but the whole range from fish on up were there. Getting off my board and leaving the water, I stumbled upon a very large skate or ray that startled the heck out of me at first. Then I was just grateful I didn't get hit by its tail.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    Always looks smaller when you're on shore then magically gets bigger once you get in... aways happens. ALYWAYS
    Word. Always.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Sep 20, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Word. Always.
    Like clockwork.

That's a scientific fact my friend

Images
    Yes, not only should you not rely on internet surf predictin' sites, you really can't KNOW what it's actually like until you paddle out.

You know, unless it's breaking three feet from the sand.

And in beachbreak hell, what don't look all that good this minute, can come together thirty minutes later. I'm not talking a jump in swell, I'm talking aboot ever-changing beachbreak conditions......peak dies here, a peak rises there.........a sectioning mess turns into a mini Rye on the Rocks with a shift in tides..........Swell size, swell direction, sandbars, tides, winds........man you can't make this sh!t a science. It's wayyyy too unpredictable with too many variances.......

Spicoli: How was Cullyfornia?

TREV: Viva la revolucion. Che Guvara and all. Where you been, Trev? Tell me what's going on.........

Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?

"Wish I was ocean size.
    They can not move you.
    No one tries"

Perry Farrell