LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    I wonder if anyone looking forward to next tuesday has ever tried to surf in Jersey with 20 mph NE wind, let alone overhead waves with it. It's basically a one way ticket into the jetty diectly south of you with the current, and then the slop.... we won't even talk about the slop. But atleast with overhead conditions, the slop may actually lift you up and deposit you on the other side of the jetty so you won't fracture your skull on the rocks.
    that's when the dirty jerzees make they way up to LI

Yesterday was 6-8+ now it's 2-3. It goes to show you never can tell...

this storm is south wind chop on barely 3 foot occasional sets

It WAS a nor'easter. Models are not strong as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    that's when the dirty jerzees make they way up to LI
    why would the they leave the armpit of america? there is no surf on Long Island...

swellinfo,u sure know how to let people down.i knew it was too good to be true,but come on now.it goes from 10ft to 3ft in 6hours??thats a bad calculation,like iraqs wmds.thats why i usually just watch the weather channel and if i see a blob,il check the surf forecast sites.well there isnt any purple blobs on the dual doppler,so looks flat again.and i thought there were waves today.just got back from the beach,watched for 45 minutes to see if 1 wave would break properly so i could paddle out,nothing but shorebreak.just say its flat until a noreaster or hurricane pops up.thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    swellinfo,u sure know how to let people down.i knew it was too good to be true,but come on now.it goes from 10ft to 3ft in 6hours??thats a bad calculation,like iraqs wmds.thats why i usually just watch the weather channel and if i see a blob,il check the surf forecast sites.well there isnt any purple blobs on the dual doppler,so looks flat again.and i thought there were waves today.just got back from the beach,watched for 45 minutes to see if 1 wave would break properly so i could paddle out,nothing but shorebreak.just say its flat until a noreaster or hurricane pops up.thank you
    Take a little drive down this way dude, it's chest high and chunky, maybe slightly bigger on the sets at the right spots / tides. You'll be here just in time for the wind to chill out and clean up

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Last night was fun. Very special. I don't know if that was from Humberto, I still don't know where it is. But Tuesday's 10-20 NE winds certainly had something to do with it. And I watched the Weather Channel's horrible....horrible Tropical Update last night, but all they talked aboot was Mexico. Oh where have the glory days of John Hope gone. The Weather Channel is just terrible these days. Bill Keneely smiles.....

How aboot that moon, hanging early and full in the Northeastern horizon, last night for the dusk patrol. If you howled at it three times you're set.

And aboot this b!tchen swell coming next week. Certain predictions have this Invest/TS, whatever the heck it is, in the gulf by Mexico....on Mexico....whatever............heading north and getting sucked up by a dipping jet stream and will head this way. Board your windows......

Will that actually happen? I don't know, man. Maybe.......then again maybe not.

You SWELLINFO.COM people have the, "BIGGER is better" attitude and that's cute.
    Dude, that moon was sick looking, was staring at it above a crazy cloud formation while catching some of that rough, but super-fun swell last night...have fun, PJB...tell Cadbury he's a good cat for being so kind to a true legend.

KB

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Dude, that moon was sick looking, was staring at it above a crazy cloud formation while catching some of that rough, but super-fun swell last night...have fun, PJB...tell Cadbury he's a good cat for being so kind to a true legend.

KB
    Last night was a nice way to spend a mid-September evening.........THE MOON, man......a slight chill in the air, and the incoming tide really focused the swell in on my gosh darn sandbar.

For the record, as PJB's Jersey southland has to compete with SUP's Florida......it's 2-3' with a larger, block-long groundswell set coming in every 10-15 minutes....Not chunky though....

If you didn't catch it yesterday....oh well, you're a day late and 4 dollars short. Maybe even 5 dollars short. From what the North Jersey guys say on here, it sounds as if North Jersey is in ruins. Well, you had it good last winter and this whole game is cyclical. Now you pay.

Though y'all should just pack the boards away until next summer. That's what I would do if I was youse guys. Man, it's getting cold out there....brrrrrrrrr. The water's like 64 and the air has been dropping into the upper 40's........brrrrrrrrr. Yeah, next June sounds good.

Koki, Cadbury doesn't have a choice. Plus, Cadbury has a severe gambling addiction.

I like Koki, he has good taste, and he knows what he's talking aboot. All y'all should strive to be more like Koki.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Not chunky though.....
    Hey, the chunky need some love too