LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forecasters are stoned on something or is it "too much" automation of the forecast

Tomorrow's forecast for Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA (for Monday September 16, 2013)

Surf

Waist to stomach high SSE extra long period swell for the morning with occasional chest high sets. This drops in the afternoon with occasional 3 to 4 times overhead high sets.
    Conditions

Clean in the early morning with WSW winds 5-10mph.

Jesus, if there were really true, I'd be jumping up and down! What happened Swellinfo.com?

Christ, I'd quit life itself if it was that big on the drop in height?

What's going on with the Hurley Pro Trestles but hey, there might be some Humberto lines tomorrow - so don't plan on going to work or to school until you check the waves in the AM!

Yo dudes, I don't smoke anything but I don't blame you - I would probably resort to something in my pipe if I had to watch the ocean every day - so do what you need to do, ok?

But if someone near Cape Cod has a boat, please go out today and see if there any long-period swells. Thanks.

Ya the forecasting on this site is wrong more than its correct. You have to cross reference with the NWS and other sites, but we are at the mercy of these gapes because there isn't many detailed surf forecast for the east. Well then you add in the whole Advertisement factor and you realize whats really going on here. That's why I'm looking at a petsmart ad right now?

called it perfect where I was. let me guess Mop, you like magicseaweed...

Images
    its a programming bug. The swell goes to 0ft @ 0sec, and this is created a programming problem, instead of saying flat, it showed the max surf height. I"ll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Sep 15, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mop View Post
    Ya the forecasting on this site is wrong more than its correct. You have to cross reference with the NWS and other sites, but we are at the mercy of these gapes because there isn't many detailed surf forecast for the east. Well then you add in the whole Advertisement factor and you realize whats really going on here. That's why I'm looking at a petsmart ad right now?
    Its right for me about 90% of the time when the forecast is 48 hours away or less.

Love swell info,,,,pretty spot on here in jersey,,,,,keep it going!!!! Shine on!

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    Tomorrow's forecast for Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA (for Monday September 16, 2013)

Surf

Waist to stomach high SSE extra long period swell for the morning with occasional chest high sets. This drops in the afternoon with occasional 3 to 4 times overhead high sets.
    Conditions

Clean in the early morning with WSW winds 5-10mph.

Jesus, if there were really true, I'd be jumping up and down! What happened Swellinfo.com?

Christ, I'd quit life itself if it was that big on the drop in height?

What's going on with the Hurley Pro Trestles but hey, there might be some Humberto lines tomorrow - so don't plan on going to work or to school until you check the waves in the AM!

Yo dudes, I don't smoke anything but I don't blame you - I would probably resort to something in my pipe if I had to watch the ocean every day - so do what you need to do, ok?

But if someone near Cape Cod has a boat, please go out today and see if there any long-period swells. Thanks.
    Dude nantasket is the armpit of the coast..I just take the forecast for that place and add 1-2 feet for other local spots

No ones perfect bud. If it is a glitch it will be fixed I'm sure. Most of us check a few sites just to be sure. Would ya rather drive 50 miles or take 5 min to check. At least they are better than the local weather guy. Some technology is better than none.

Images
    that little glitch has been fixed. thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    its a programming bug. The swell goes to 0ft @ 0sec, and this is created a programming problem, instead of saying flat, it showed the max surf height. I"ll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    I'm just kidding about it - I'm not worried about the forecast - I just thought it was funny that it was going to drop to 3 - 4 times overhead, that's all. I'm not dissatisfied with the forecasts - they are perfectly fine - I enjoy them - keep up the good work!
    If someone makes a mistake and you know it's a mistake, it doesn't bother you.