LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    because you have to move your feet to surf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOU8aY3Dt_c

gnarliest wave on the planet, no foot movement
    They're not doing airs

Tow surfing big waves is a different animal...and the equipment is very,very different

You do airs,,,your feet move.
    This product is being marketed as an aerial training aid.
    So in this instance,your feet not moving is ungood
    Last edited by Henny; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

Really!? Whats next snowboard boots to hook into your board?

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    FYI - There's a cost to advertise on this site. We're not against discussing the pro/cons of a new surf product but signing up just to promote it....you might want to wear some ear/eye protection once the trolls hop on board.
    Saw the project and backed it. Let the punches roll. I think it has a place in accessories. I bet the groms will eat this up!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manok_Surf View Post
    Saw the project and backed it. Let the punches roll. I think it has a place in accessories. I bet the groms will eat this up!
    *sigh - here we go*

this is how these threads unravel quickly: is it coincidence that you and the OP registered on the same day, and here you just happen to be chiming in on the virtues of the product? i think not.

you know, your product is of questionable merit but that's not even the issue. treating people like they're stupid will only backfire on you. google Physix surfboards, if you're not clear on this point.

gnarliest wave on the planet, no foot movement.
    Gnarliest wave is def open to debate and using velcro pads to learn chop hops and airs (the only good use I can see of this product) is kind of cheating don't ya think? In addition the tow in boards foot straps are pre placed to where the rider wants their feet to be, with the pads you may pop up in the wrong place then fall trying to unstick and move your feet. If anything I think this would hinder learning to surf and potentially cause new surfers to injure their knee/ankle.

Images
    This should go on the list of dumbest surfing accessories. Right next to those webbed gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    This should go on the list of dumbest surfing accessories. Right next to those webbed gloves.
    Oh come on you know we all love Richie LOL!
    richie-collins.jpg

OK dipsh*t... So if you paddled in to the wave you wouldn't want to move up on your board when in the barrel??? Oh.. My bad. I didn't realize you had no idea what the fu*k you were talking about.
    Go watch Blue Crush and get back to me when you've learned something.

gnarliest wave on the planet, no foot movement.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Webbed gloves are 1,000,000,000,000,000 smarter

I bet the groms will eat this up!
    Days the grommiest grom of them all: I ain't hungry.

I frequently find myself making slight adjustments to foot placement after a takeoff and during a ride on a SB. This pad would prohibit that. I'm also looking to make a return to snowboarding this winter, yet on pow sans bindings. There are several reasons why many surfers aren't stoked on being bound to their board.

My too sense aside, I'm all for attempts at innovation and ingenuity. The original skeg didn't sharpen itself. Man did it.