LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    That looks like a blast. What happens when you fall?? I guess gravity will eventually bring it to the ocean but I'd hate to be in its way 100yds down the slope.
    Yeah like abullet coming down the mountain at ya. Maybe a leash would be good?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,312
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSols View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The benefit of being able to move your feet is HUGE. This is NOT a replacement for wax or a new way of surfing. SurfSols is a training aid, a tool that a surfer can use to elicit a desired goal.

    Most sports have a number of training devices, drills, and instructional videos. I want to develop and expand how surfing is practiced. At the moment, most people go out to surf what the mother earth has provided, and that's fine! But there are many going out to work on their bottom turn, or snap, or evening to learn how to stand up period. At the core, this product teaches you so so much about how stance and your pop affect your surfing experience.

    Not being able to adjust your stance creates a few things:

    1) awareness. Ok, who cares about awareness? You will once you realize your blowing waves because of a poor habit.

    2) good habits. A solid stance and pop improve your ability to make that wave, to shed time off your pop up, to teach you better foot placement when dropping into a barrel.

    3) muscle memory. You'll repeat this process over and over and you'll perfect an effective and dependable stance. You'll become stronger. If poor foot placement occurs, your sub-conscience trying to salvage the wave uses different motions and muscles to maintain your balance and speed. Muscles and movements you wouldn't have know about had you not used an aid.

    4) appreciation for wax and you conventional setup. Again, THIS IS NOT A CURE-ALL OR NEW SPORT! The whole idea behind a training tool is so that form and function TRANSLATE into your traditional set up.

    5) trick variations and expansion. Learning chop hops is cool, but it's more powerful than that. improve your switch riding. Land more tricks and improve your confidence. Increase your feel and awareness of your board. Learn to tackle whitewash.
    That's cool and all but can we just see more pictures of Morgan please?

  3. #33
    Your knowledge on pop ups and stance are spot on. I surf conventionally and with SurfSols. Your experience with all of those different types of waves are valid. I don't dispute that. Have you ever missed a wave? Have you ever fallen because of your stance or pop. If you haven't, you've never surfed before. See that kind of logic, like your arguments above and the one I just presented, aren't logical. Here's how you become a pro football player...play more football. Ok. How about work on hand and eye coordination. Or speed. Or jumping?

    I'm not saying this is a perfect product. But what I can tell you, is it has a number of benefits.

    THIS IS A TRAINING AID TO ADD TO YOUR QUIVER NOT YOUR GYM BAG. I think that's an important concept. A tool to be used in the water. Not everyday, not every-time you surf, no. But when you want to work on something specific in surfing, you can't. Not effectively at least. You might think, your not entering the wave in the right spot, or this isn't the right board...well how do you know for sure? We need something to use as a benchmark. Something that effectively shows whats going on.

    I'm very thankful of your comments rcarter, I truly am. Without this discussion, without questioning our current state of mind, we can't progress.

    I rescently went ot the SurfExpo in Orlando. It was amazing how many people wanted to use this tool in a different way. Yeah the UCF team wants to push the limits on airs, but the 45 year old woman in Montana wants to learn how to land her 360 in the river (wakesurfing). Sick a$$ people with awesome attitudes and approaches to the sport are hungry for new micro market. Training devices that yield results. I think that's awesome your son is surfing at such a young age. I wish I started when I was younger. Ask him if he wants to get better? Ask him how it plans to do it? He'll say what you say, surf more. SurfSols is a tool that will have you getting into the water more stoked than ever. Because the possibilities are endless. Let the dreams flow, your son surely dreams huge!!! I'm a dreamer too, and I hope to progress my surfing leaps and bounds.

  4. #34
    Hey surfsols....tried checkin out your website but its down. Would like some more info about what you guys are doin. Sounds pretty interesting.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    As said in the first page of this thread you really need to check with the Admin about advertising on this site, we have enough pop and banner ads on the side with out threads like this. Talking about your product is fine just as Roy did in his build thread but posting a link to your website that asks for dontations is a quick way to bansville baby.
    Donations aren't allowed on kickstarter. It's money in exchange for the future delivery of a product. I could be flipping houses or selling cars or making t-shirts... but what's the impact of those options? I'm just a young kid trying to explore entrepreneurship via my passion. Which is the resounding advice from any and all successful people. My elders always said this.

    I thoroughly appreciate your opinion and without, I wouldn't be able to alter this product in way for the good. I love the passion you have about the purity of the sport. I have it too.

    Change is hard. The industry and culture has accepted honeycomb fins, carbon fiber boards, toxic resins. It's not a wood plank anymore. Surfing will always transform, always progress, and always look different than it did 20 yeas ago. As is life right?

  6. #36
    go to kickstarter and search SurfSols. It's up and running. Thank you for the interest

  7. #37
    I'll check it out....

    thanks man and good luck with your endeavor!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSols View Post
    Your knowledge on pop ups and stance are spot on. I surf conventionally and with SurfSols. Your experience with all of those different types of waves are valid. I don't dispute that. Have you ever missed a wave? Have you ever fallen because of your stance or pop. If you haven't, you've never surfed before. See that kind of logic, like your arguments above and the one I just presented, aren't logical. Here's how you become a pro football player...play more football. Ok. How about work on hand and eye coordination. Or speed. Or jumping?

    Yes I have fallen because of a bad pop up but how would your product help fix that? You can not say that it will train me to put my feet in the right spot everytime because you just agreed with me that there is no right spot, it's wave dependent. If that is the case I woudl say you will blow mor ewaves either trying to unstick and move your feet to the right spot or by staying put and being out of position on the board.

    I'm not saying this is a perfect product. But what I can tell you, is it has a number of benefits.

    THIS IS A TRAINING AID TO ADD TO YOUR QUIVER NOT YOUR GYM BAG. I think that's an important concept. A tool to be used in the water. Not everyday, not every-time you surf, no. But when you want to work on something specific in surfing, you can't. Not effectively at least. You might think, your not entering the wave in the right spot, or this isn't the right board...well how do you know for sure? We need something to use as a benchmark. Something that effectively shows whats going on.

    Not one thing in that comment related to your product except working on something specific and as you saw at the expo that is airs. Does your product help me enter the wave at the right spot or know which way it is breaking or paddle faster to catch it? Just like was stated before this would be a nice tool to learn airs but in no way will help you surf down the line better which requires moving your feet. How is being strapped to a baord going to give surfing a benchmark?

    I'm very thankful of your comments rcarter, I truly am. Without this discussion, without questioning our current state of mind, we can't progress.

    I rescently went ot the SurfExpo in Orlando. It was amazing how many people wanted to use this tool in a different way. Yeah the UCF team wants to push the limits on airs, but the 45 year old woman in Montana wants to learn how to land her 360 in the river (wakesurfing). Sick a$$ people with awesome attitudes and approaches to the sport are hungry for new micro market. Training devices that yield results. I think that's awesome your son is surfing at such a young age. I wish I started when I was younger. Ask him if he wants to get better? Ask him how it plans to do it? He'll say what you say, surf more. SurfSols is a tool that will have you getting into the water more stoked than ever. Because the possibilities are endless. Let the dreams flow, your son surely dreams huge!!! I'm a dreamer too, and I hope to progress my surfing leaps and bounds.
    Keep the dream alive for sure if that is your thing. I do however seem remember in the late 80's when The Fletcher Bros were pioneering airs, Gorilla Grip I think (but could have been homemade) made something similar so just in case you haven't, check to make sure there are no patent's on this idea already. Oh and if kickstarter is money in exchange for a product (therfore a retail site) then you are definitley in violation of the advertising rules here. All the ads you see around the boarder pay money to be here so that memebrs do not have to. You placing your "ad" in a thread is a way to get free ad space whenothers pay for it. Just letting you know since you are starting out in business which is great BTW, more young ones need to.
    Last edited by rcarter; Sep 20, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Keep the dream alive for sure if that is your thing. I do however seem remember in the late 80's when The Fletcher Bros were pioneering airs, Gorilla Grip I think (but could have been homemade) made something similar so just in case you haven't, check to make sure there are no patent's on this idea already. Oh and if kickstarter is money in exchange for a product (therfore a retail site) then you are definitley in violation of the advertising rules here. All the ads you see around the boarder pay money to be here so that memebrs do not have to. You placing your "ad" in a thread is a way to get free ad space whenothers pay for it. Just letting you know since you are starting out in business which is great BTW, more young ones need to.
    Thank you for the encouragement. It's a tough endeavor for sure. I hope to not be in violation of the forum rules. I've not posted any links or promotions. I'm merely responding to opinions about my product. I''l leave it to the field to deem otherwise. I'll sign off and let the forum continue on its path of enforcing the much needed enlightenment.

  10. #40
    rcarter.....technically he's not selling he's asking for donations. Kickstarters website in which he talks about his product is a donation website.


    Surfsols.... I checked out your product on kickstarters and I think that's a great idea man! Being from Florida you may want to offer your product in other areas with just the back pad. Most of the year we don't wear wetsuits and an extreme rash may result with using the front pad. Even just using the back pad would be a great advantage and use.

    I've talked with Herbie Fletcher about some prototypes I had developed and I know he would definitely like what you have going!

    Good luck to you! Hope to see your product in surf shops one day!

    If you need any help with surf retail or getting into surf shops give Dave Seehafer a call at Global Wave Ventures. He is a wealth of information and could really help you!