LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    190
    I feel like many are judgmental of others by their gear, so I enjoy seeing guys on foam boards or real generic pop out boards who can surf really well. Just goes to show that you cant judge a book by its cover. I also dont mind seeing the newbies barebacking it when its chilly out hahah they just sit there like shivering buoys hating life..

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    28
    The new wetsuits, you know, the ones with the full length zipper in front, and the legs with the back-of-the-knee pads. Guess it is easier to get them on, and take them off, and the backwards knee pads are to protect you sitting on the board.
    Also have seen waxing bottom of board (aren't they like skis?), and the classic boardshorts over the wetsuit - a look that always inspires a chuckle.

  3. #23
    Down here we get Canadian tourists the rent soft tops or SUP's and then wear their "grape smugglers" out in the line sup. Nothing is more disgusting then paddling behind a flailing Canadian with a bikini on!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by wave.dave View Post
    The new wetsuits, you know, the ones with the full length zipper in front, and the legs with the back-of-the-knee pads. Guess it is easier to get them on, and take them off, and the backwards knee pads are to protect you sitting on the board.
    Also have seen waxing bottom of board (aren't they like skis?), and the classic boardshorts over the wetsuit - a look that always inspires a chuckle.
    Call me a kook, but I'll wear my boardshorts over the wetsuit until the last possible opportunity, bu hey, that's the way I like it.

  5. #25
    seeing someone put their wetsuit on backwards always makes me laugh

  6. #26
    Matching outfits to surfboards is fantastic too. There's a guy in my area who brings several boards and changes of clothing and accessories to go with said boards. I think it's super.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    seeing someone put their wetsuit on backwards always makes me laugh
    This actually happens?? Wow. Coming from the guy that wears clown socks (two diff ones) most days of the week.

  8. #28
    "Hey, man. Got any wax?"

    Inexperienced surfers that talk big in the line up, around town or on forums. Usually end each session with "I should have brought my other board" or "you should have been here yesterday."

  9. #29
    so many things. i hate it when people paddle for a wave and then back out of it. either go or tell me to go but when you paddle for a wave ten times and I am near you (at a point) and you cant make the drop just get the **** out of the water and stop screwing everything up or actually go and eat **** but dont be a complete pussbag and pull back everytime. that pisses me off. that and the swell today getting downgraded. looks like beers and football instead.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    "Hey, man. Got any wax?"

    Inexperienced surfers that talk big in the line up, around town or on forums. Usually end each session with "I should have brought my other board" or "you should have been here yesterday."
    What bothers you about the wax question? 99% of the time I surf at sunrise, long before the shop opens. Sometimes I forget to buy more wax, sometimes others arriving at that time realize they have no wax. There is no option of going to the surf shop. I don't see a problem with asking the guy next to you to borrow a little bit of wax. What does it take, 3 seconds to toss it to him and catch it as he tosses it back?