LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    666

    Size really doesn't matter -or- How Carolina Beach punks WB everytime

    Most of the threads on SI are overly concerned with swell size...but
    Cmon, let's be realistic, unless all you care about is dropping in on a wave only to bottom turn into white water close-outs, Size really doesn't matter. I'll take any ride able and NOT CLOSING OUT wave anyday! And for the record CB ( I've caught such long fun rides these last few days with NOBODY OUT!) has been so much more consistent than WB this year it's kind of a shame. peace yall!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    172
    Cant we all just get along and agree that the waves are generally crap year round here and just be glad we don't surf at Oak Island. Except at the south end of WB! where it is the greatest spot on earth, everyone should go there, I heard they give UNCW students free trucker hats just for surfing there!
    Last edited by Blackfish; Sep 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Cant we all just get along and agree that the waves are generally crap year round here and just be glad we don't surf at Oak Island. Except at the south end of WB! where it is the greatest spot on earth, everyone should go there, I heard they give UNCW students free trucker hats just for surfing there!
    Sorry your wave count is down bro! Mine's way up! gotta get away from those SURFZONES! Anarchy in the USA!! Go CB!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    930
    Images
    1
    yesterday morning at SS in Cb was a blast - way better than i expected. waist + clean ones with a chest-high set every now and then, plenty of waves for everyone. i heart CB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    Sorry your wave count is down bro! Mine's way up! gotta get away from those SURFZONES! Anarchy in the USA!! Go CB!
    Eh, it my own fault....I do love a solid swell at the pipe!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    852
    Images
    1
    It's most definitely not a shame when you live in CB.

    Although, its a well known fact that the local CB surfers will pee all over your car if you come from WB. That's a shame. No one likes a pee car.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    192
    Yes please everybody go to the south end of WB! The waves are always 2ft bigger there and everybody is really nice, no kooks at all!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by banman View Post
    Yes please everybody go to the south end of WB! The waves are always 2ft bigger there and everybody is really nice, no kooks at all!
    ha! did you quote that from the UNCW guide to incoming Freshmen?? good one! Seems to be conventional wisdom by the looks of the lineup by Oceanic!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    WB
    Posts
    86
    Images
    1
    Waves have been pretty fun all week here but I agree, definitely better at the south end so everybody should stay on that side of crystal.

  10. #10
    This thread made my day. I really mean that. Thanks, babygrand.

    Don't drink the water.