LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Man, you guys know it's next to never that Spicoli heads to the break only to turn around and split. It's happened two days in a row. 3ft at 9s with optimal tide and swell/wind direction apparently amounts to nothing now. And this is the only day that resembles any bumps on the chart all week. So we're gonna get through September with nothing in NE? I can't be taking a 3k mile trip every two weeks to score but not gonna make it past 3wks without a wave to be had. Is this our penance for the unreal spring we had?

Anyone want to head to SF soon? It's going off there and in the PNW.

Cheap ass flights to NC and Jax for 4ft. It's that bad that I'm contemplating flying for 4ft.

"You guys are giving me nothing here." - Ron Burgundy at ESPN Studios Sportscenter audition, 1979

In my neck o' the woods today's bump isn't until the afternoon. Perfect timing for a post-work day session. I'll toss on the ole 40/39 Bodyglove suit to keep warm.

All the heavy wetsuit talk was reminding me of "A Christmas Story" when young Randy gets bundled up to walk to school. Classic. Picture a kid riding a surfboard without the ability to put his arms down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    In my neck o' the woods today's bump isn't until the afternoon. Perfect timing for a post-work day session. I'll toss on the ole 40/39 Bodyglove suit to keep warm.

All the heavy wetsuit talk was reminding me of "A Christmas Story" when young Randy gets bundled up to walk to school. Classic. Picture a kid riding a surfboard without the ability to put his arms down.
    Dude in all honesty 40 mm of neoprene and you couldn't even move probably

Hence the joke. It's still 3/2 season for another couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Hence the joke. It's still 3/2 season for another couple weeks.
    More like another couple months. My 3/2 just went on and not wearing the 5/4 Drylock unless it's sub-42 or so. I'll put good gloves and boots on with the 3/2 chest zip and also got a cap to cover the ears.

Either you're a total stud, or you have a nice 3/2. Mine is a piece of shart. It's one of the $89 ones that I bought used for way less than that. Plus, we already have icebergs forming way up here in southern ME. 36 degrees this morning. Yeah baby. I have a great 4/3 to get me through fall, possibly early winter, then we bust out the 5.5/4.5 RC E-bomb for the arctic conditions.

Did anyone else hear that if you wear tighty-whities under your wetsuit it's like adding 1 mil?

Images
    No but wool socks are great.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    No but wool socks are great.
    +1.. Your so right. I started wearing wool under my booties last winter and it is amazing!! I think I had mentioned it in a couple threads to see if others were doing it... Come on man, all the cool kids are doing it

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    +1.. Your so right. I started wearing wool under my booties last winter and it is amazing!! I think I had mentioned it in a couple threads to see if others were doing it... Come on man, all the cool kids are doing it
    Booties better be watertight