LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CB North end

Hybrid View

CB North end

Anyone been up there lately? i.e. post Labor day? Coming down this weekend, trying to decide if we're gonna camp or just stay at Monkey Junction w\ friends. Crowds should have died down, but always a crap shoot on the N End with drunken rednecks. Just wondering if anyone has been up there on a weekend lately and how the crowds have been.

No biggie if we just stay at MJ, but I do love waking up on the beach and just grabbing a board and paddling out. That and the stars at 3AM on a clear fall night.

Images
    Don't paddle out without a trucker hat.

Nah If I'm going to kook out I'm going all the way. Gonna wear my old school Batman costume. Even have my Bat shark repellent.

Images
    Only way to do it.

Images
    was up there the last couple of Thursday morning sessions. looked pretty calm, clearly post-season.

that being said, drunken rednecks are never actually out of season on the North End.

You'll be fine, dude. It has thinned out a lot within the last few weeks, but you definitely won't be alone out there. If anything, there is always the South End (not WB).

Thanks guys...yeah I know it's a crap shoot on the N End but should be a lot thinner, although it gets overtaken by fishermen sometimes once fall hits. Didn't have any issues the last couple years, esp. if we can get the whole crew out, we'll have 3-4 trucks and can block off a section around the tents.

dlrouen - is the S end open for driving/surfing/camping? Last I checked it was open for fishing only, but that was in spring.

No camping or booze on Ft. Fisher... stupid ass state park rules.

Great place to fish and surf, though.

Images
    Don't forget to pack your jorts if you're going CB.

Good info on the South End - thanks, Erock.

I would definitely make an effort to camp out on the North End this weekend because there has been a lot of political talk lately about needed changes to help keep the park cleaner and safer. These changes may or may not affect camping, booze, boobs, surfing; but you never know. Personally, I think BIG changes are coming to the North End, so enjoy it while you still can.

I hope you have an awesome trip, tlokein.