LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CB North end

Images
    take only pictures, leave only footprints....

my pet peeve are people in the south end of CB who set up gazebos and various shade structures on the beach and then leave them overnight or for days at a time. come down to the beach for dawn patrol on a summer morning around the Tiki Bar and there will be a row of these things left out. can't imagine why anyone would think this acceptable but they do it all the time. it's illegal and the town will take them away, but they only notice if someone complains.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    take only pictures, leave only footprints....

my pet peeve are people in the south end of CB who set up gazebos and various shade structures on the beach and then leave them overnight or for days at a time. come down to the beach for dawn patrol on a summer morning around the Tiki Bar and there will be a row of these things left out. can't imagine why anyone would think this acceptable but they do it all the time. it's illegal and the town will take them away, but they only notice if someone complains.
    It's not just the South End - it's the whole island. I don't know why the town continues to look the other way at situations - potentially hazardous - like this one. During the summer, a family renting the place next to me set up their camp site at the foot of my access. They left it there for the ENTIRE week and I had to literally squeeze between their massive Ohio State tent & the dunes to get around them. The first time I walked out, they actually told me to go find another access to use.

Anyway, the guards cannot say anything about the tents. The police are the ones who are supposed to take care of situations like that. Needless to say, situations like this tend to be overlooked on a regular basis; just like dogs being out on the beach during the summer season. Just a few weeks ago, I watched a cop drive right past a dude throwing a tennis ball to two dogs. Shortly afterward, one of the dogs took a solid dump that the owner did not pick up. Maybe a half hour later, the owner packed up and walked off the beach. I caught up with him and told him about the sh!t that was left behind. His explanation? "I don't have a bag" I told him to wait while I went to get one - he wasn't there when I returned.

Take a deep breath, DL. Remember that the town loves you and that your police force really needed that monster truck.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    The locals definitely strive to keep it clean. When I see tourons leaving sh!t behind, I'll pick it up, chase them down and say "excuse me, I believe you left this." Their facial expressions are priceless.
    oh and the ****ING SMOKERS. Why drive all the way to a beach get all your **** out just to sit and try and smoke a cigarette in a gale force wind? Then proceed to not keep up with your butts and they end up blowing away and in the lineup... or in some kids sand castle?!? For **** sakes stay home smoke breathers! Sorry for all the parlez francais but I just experienced this and am quite irate!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    oh and the ****ING SMOKERS. Why drive all the way to a beach get all your **** out just to sit and try and smoke a cigarette in a gale force wind? Then proceed to not keep up with your butts and they end up blowing away and in the lineup... or in some kids sand castle?!? For **** sakes stay home smoke breathers! Sorry for all the parlez francais but I just experienced this and am quite irate!
    haha I love how SI censored my potty mouth! sorry kiddies!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Take a deep breath, DL. Remember that the town loves you and that your police force really needed that monster truck.
    That sawed-off fat ass pig (not in the Cop sense, in the physical sense... even though he is a cop) who drives said truck is the biggest POS I have ever encountered in CB--right up there with some of the WB cops if you can believe it.

Monster Truck Pig Story: Second comp of the year was held at Sandpiper, it was May, rainy and cold so there weren't a whole lot of people on the beach other than those at the comp--we had the Sandpiper lot full. Towards the end of the day I ran out to my car to change and that cop is sitting in his truck in the middle of the parking lot. He sees me, gets out of his truck and immediately asks for my license, registration and proof of insurance. I'm not even in my car, wallet is back on the beach with the rest of my stuff. He told me he would wait for me to get my wallet. Well, he gets done shaking me down (I ALWAYS drive with everything up to date and legal), gets back in his truck and I see what he's doing--running every single license plate in the lot.

Long story short, after the contest when everyone he gives a hand full of citations for expired registrations and/or out of date inspections, pops someone else for driving without a seatbelt because they were putting it on as they were leaving the parking lot AND I saw he had someone else pulled over by the boat basin as I was leaving the beach.

I'm sure he felt great and accomplished that day... gotta pay for that big ass truck somehow!

Oh the phucking weather...now the forecast has changed from 7mph winds to 20mph NNE winds across the face...boo...hiss. Maybe it will change in the next couple days. If not then hopefully next weekend.