LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Weatherman

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...eason/2776845/

is a paid liar. Why can't they just admit that they have fvcking zero idea on how to forecast weather? We went from a forecast of one of the most diabolical hurricane seasons in the history of the planet to - oops - we havent had one single triopical storm. And these guys get PAID to be wrong.
    The best weather men/women are good communicators of what they do and do not know. There is uncertainty built into the problem, and its a matter of communicating the range of circumstances. When the task involves creating static values, which most of the consumer desire demands, then the opportunity for accuracy certainly diminishes.

But, the main reason i replied, is to show you, that we've actually had tropical systems in fact 10 of them:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/tropical/in...tropallsystems
    But, we we haven't had any storms that have created a strong impact to the US. Numbers values alone, are never the whole story.

Images
    The best weather men/women see past just the computer models, and understand the model biases... But, the majority of weather forecasts are largely based off of computer model guidance, which involves lots of error.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Dude I'm in love with Stephanie Abrams.
    I used to post clever suggestive messages on her FB page. I never heard back from her though.........

I liked Jen Carfa gno too. I spaced her last name because it gets blocked because f@g is part of her name. Can't say F@G on here.

I don't like the newer chicks, no matter what they look like, because they suck. They just don't have it. Ahh man, The Weather Channel used to be great. Whoever is running that joint should be shot. They ruined it. Even Cantore's a dork these days. He used to be macho inclement weather guy, now he's dorky and can't seem to dress himself properly.

Images
    Dude that is awesome, I might have to take a look at her page. I'll have to look into carfa gno too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The best weather men/women see past just the computer models, and understand the model biases... But, the majority of weather forecasts are largely based off of computer model guidance, which involves lots of error.
    Don't get all defensive bro! All things considered, you guys do a good job. Even the tides are a prediction, and many times they are off by at least an hour.

Another sick thread. Keep the comedy coming as well as discourse bout smokin wahines. Waves on the way out but SI forum on the rise!

FREE LOVE

I see Sam Champion and the NJ-12 weather guys carrying on about 'large swells' this weekend from a low pressure system off the Carolinas...yet SI forecasting shin-slappers...

Is this the greatest SwellInfo welcome to Fall, stay in PA cover up...or has Sam been sniffing too many pickles?

you don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    It's a strong wind that blows against the empire.

meteorology isn't a real science.