LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    You brahs are all pieces of work. Such a mosaic of different walks of life. We've got professions represented that I didn't even know were more than folklore or in Gaffer's comics. This is awesome stuff and I'm stoked to be on a forum with gentleman scholars like yous guys.

As for the yet-to-be-actualized braddahs or the ones that are too self-critical, follow your hearts brahs. Don't take no for an answer and if it doesn't break the law or hurt anyone, you should chase it with no relent. The buggahs here talking about sowing oats while you can are straight prophets. No regrets either, as those will weigh you down for life. Take it from a brah that's been looked at like a lunatic for years but then looks like a genius after the fact. Only you know what you need to do for you.

FREE HI-FIVES AT SPICOLI'S
    (while supplies last)

I'm all for living the life and sowing oats PROVIDED it's self funded. If you do it on mummy and daddys dime its just loser-ville.

For the past couple years I've been looking for a way out of corporate life. I've been a home brewer for some time so I wrote a bizz plan to start a small brewing co.

Question - can I hire everyone on this thread to help get it going? We'd have all the bases covered. Finance, marketing, advertising, logistics (our own train driver guy), security, welding (are your beads water tight?), sales, IT, etc. Forget a nano-brewery...let's just go straight to the mega brewery.

Perks: you'd be one mile from a break and your boss loves to surf. Need I say more? Whos with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    For the past couple years I've been looking for a way out of corporate life. I've been a home brewer for some time so I wrote a bizz plan to start a small brewing co.

Question - can I hire everyone on this thread to help get it going? We'd have all the bases covered. Finance, marketing, advertising, logistics (our own train driver guy), security, welding (are your beads water tight?), sales, IT, etc. Forget a nano-brewery...let's just go straight to the mega brewery.

Perks: you'd be one mile from a break and your boss loves to surf. Need I say more? Whos with me!
    Make sure you picked an untapped market. I know a commercial brewery in my area would be a tough thing to do right now. We have 5 operational breweries, and 3 coming in the near future. Personally, I would love to do a beachfront brewpub. Make small batch stuff and pair with a decent menu. Have a nice deck looking out onto the water. Dream big, that's what I do. Now I just need a millionaire investor.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post

Count me in... Emergency team building buildings exercises when head high green man comes for a visit?

I'll do quality control

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Make sure you picked an untapped market. I know a commercial brewery in my area would be a tough thing to do right now. We have 5 operational breweries, and 3 coming in the near future. Personally, I would love to do a beachfront brewpub. Make small batch stuff and pair with a decent menu. Have a nice deck looking out onto the water. Dream big, that's what I do. Now I just need a millionaire investor.
    Fair point, but you can spin it the other way too. There's a reason your market can sustain that many craft breweries...people there are into good beer. An untapped market could also be an undeveloped market, and developing a market can take years, even decades. I'm near Portland, ME, which is a very "tapped" market, pun intended. There is still market to be had for the right product positioned correctly. I'm shooting for the niche within the niche.

34th - consider yourself hired. Surfers make good employees, right? Ha! Oh yeah, the other perk, and it's a biggie, is all the delicious beer you can drink.

the scary thing with microbrews is that I think its super trendy right now but all trends fade.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    the scary thing with microbrews is that I think its super trendy right now but all trends fade.
    I used to own a bakery that specialized in erotic cupcakes. It was great right until the whole market bottomed out and my muffin shop went tits up.

Seriously though, train engineer and industrial welder are two cool careers.

if I could do it again, or just say eff it and switch careers, I'd be a yacht captain or a pilot or some sort.